PDA

View Full Version : Calling raises in 6 max in position

RikaKazak
08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Here's a general $3-$6 NL 6 max both players have $600 question is UTG folds, villian next to act raises to $21 (pot sized raised) his stats are 35 VPIP and 12 PFR. What kind of hands do you just call his pfr with? I like being the aggressor so I usually reraise of fold with big cards, like AQ, and with small pairs I just call, like 55. But how do you guys treat KQs and AJo in this situation, I fold them, do you guys do any other lines? Just curious if I'm folding to pfr too much.

warlockjd
08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I play 2/4, but I rrz 99+ AJo+ KQo, and occasionaly 98s, etc; flat call with other suited broadways, scs, and 88 and below.

You are taking this down before or on the flop like 90% of the time here at 2/4, so maybe I should broaden my standards a bit.

Big_Jim
08-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I like calling in position against weak-tight players or really straightforward/predictable players with a lot of hands. Big aces, pairs, and suited connectors being my favorites. You can steal a lot of pots on the flop by raising or betting when they check to you, not to mention they will frequently give you free cards.

A lot of players will also bet just about every flop but give up when facing resistance, against these players you can raise the flop with any two cards and show a profit (insofar as you only do it occasionally) or use a delayed bluff to take down the pot.

Some hands tend to get paid off better when you don't re-raise, too. Specifically AK-AJ tend to do fairly well (re-raising occationally, of course) as do middle pairs.

Occasionally doing it with AA and KK against an aggressive player when you expect to be heads up is also a good one.

flawless_victory
08-07-2005, 09:22 PM
KQs is an an easy call.
AJo is an easy raise.

Big_Jim
08-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Furthermore, I think that suited big cards play better with a call.