PDA

View Full Version : Middle pair multiway.

aflaba temp
08-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero ? (UTG left to act)

Where do you go from here?

goofball
08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Why didn't you bet the flop?

aflaba temp
08-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't think I'm ahead often anough to make the bet profitable

MrTeddyKGB
08-07-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to induce a bluff? I bet out and reasses.

marand
08-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I would fold. The pot is small and the risk that someone has a better pair (perhaps a better ten) is large.

If I wanted to play the hand past the flop I would much rather just bet the flop.

aflaba temp
08-07-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I wanted to play the hand past the flop I would much rather just bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I figured my hand wasn't good often enough to bet. So "my only option" was to check.

I checked to probably fold, but play under the right circumstanses.

I figured that if MP (the last player to act) bets and SB folds I might just want to play in this pot.

That is what happened. Now the only player who is probable to have a better hand than me is MP (SB has folded and UTG wouldn't go for a c/r next last to act).

I think this is a good play for when your hand isn't strong enough for you to want to bet out. In this hand I'm not sure my hand was strong enough to check-play either though, but I think it was?

You still don't like this "play"?

aflaba temp
08-07-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to induce a bluff? I bet out and reasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to get more information before having to act. I checked and reassessed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishanleong
08-07-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct thing to do in some circumstances. I don't mind it here.

Krishan

marand
08-07-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I figured my hand wasn't good often enough to bet. So "my only option" was to check.

I figured that if MP (the last player to act) bets and SB folds I might just want to play in this pot.

That is what happened. Now the only player who is probable to have a better hand than me is MP (SB has folded and UTG wouldn't go for a c/r next last to act).

I think this is a good play for when your hand isn't strong enough for you to want to bet out. In this hand I'm not sure my hand was strong enough to check-play either though, but I think it was?

You still don't like this "play"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I guess it's ok if MP is very aggressive.
If MP 3-bets do you fold UI on the turn.
If he just calls do you fold to a turn raise?
If he calls the turn, whats your plan on a blank river?