PDA

View Full Version : Disqualified Player Affects Outcome

JJNJustin
03-18-2003, 04:04 AM
Recently I played in a No-Limit Texas Holdem Elimination Tournament. During a hand in play the supervisor told the dealer to halt the action or hold the action. The supervisor left and the dealer continued with the turn and river cards. Players 1 and 2 had both gone all in by the river and Player 1 was the winner. The pot was 3000 (chips). The supervisor, upon returning after the money had been divied out declared that the hand was dead and that player 1 was disqualified. He said that player 1 had a falsified entry blank and therefore he had been disqualified and the hand even though played was dead. He told the dealer to seperate out player 2's 1500 chips and took player 1's 1500 chips off the table. Player 2 then went on against 2 other players and won the tournament, haven been given a reprive by the supervisor interjecting in the tournament to eject player 1. Had the supervisor let the hand play, player 2 would have busted out, or was busted out at the time. Can I get some feedback from others? I was player 3 in the tournament, and didnt realize until after the tournament that the disqualified player and the time they chose to interject in the action had really affected the outcome. Is this fair? Not fair? What are the World-Series of Poker rules on this kind of thing?

Bozeman
03-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Assuming that player 2 had not gone all-in before the hand was (unsuccesfully) halted, I would think eliminating him would be a horrible ruling. Even if he was all-in, I think it is very reasonable that he not be eliminated by a player who is not legally in the tourney.

Craig

PS Sounds like sour grapes to me.