PDA

View Full Version : Is this tilt?

SomethingClever
08-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Tropex
08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Looks about okay to me, although I've been tilting about 2 days (1.5 half actually, I got over it) so dunno if my word counts /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-07-2005, 04:53 PM
you should win here at least 50% of the time.

krishanleong
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is way way off. I'mm thinking about a river fold but I haven't decided yet.

Krishan

joker122
08-07-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is way way off. I'mm thinking about a river fold but I haven't decided yet.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

if you call the turn why do you fold the river? you don't have odds to draw to the boat. are you going on something like he might give us a free showdown?

krishanleong
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

if you call the turn why do you fold the river? you don't have odds to draw to the boat. are you going on something like he might give us a free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding the turn is fine. I agree, you don't have odds.

Krishan

yanicehand
08-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I wish my tilting hands were calling down with top 2 pair for a small to mediumish pot /images/graemlins/frown.gif:( But yes I think I fold the river.

marand
08-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I would fold the turn against some opponents, but easily call the turn and river against others. I wouldn't call it tilt, just need more information /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sthief09
08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I check turn

Nigel
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
I too check turn. I go for bet/3bet (if opponent is decently aggressive) on river if I boat. Otherwise check/call unimproved.

Nigel

SomethingClever
08-07-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call a bet? If so, why?

sthief09
08-07-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how could you check-fold?

SomethingClever
08-07-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here's what I don't get.

You check because.... you think you're behind? You don't have the odds to call if you're behind to a straight.

Or is it because you think some worse hands will bluff if you check, but all better hands will raise if you bet, and bad hands will just fold?

baronzeus
08-07-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You check because.... you think you're behind? You don't have the odds to call if you're behind to a straight.

Or is it because you think some worse hands will bluff if you check, but all better hands will raise if you bet, and bad hands will just fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not behind 100% of the time here, AA and KK and AK are definite possibilities for villain's hand. So given 3:1 on the calldown, the chance to extract bets with a boat, and the chance that you're ahead your odds aren't bad.

But putting 2 bets in on the turn sucks I think

Redd
08-08-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not behind 100% of the time here, AA and KK and AK are definite possibilities for villain's hand. So given 3:1 on the calldown, the chance to extract bets with a boat, and the chance that you're ahead your odds aren't bad.

But putting 2 bets in on the turn sucks I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't giving a free card also suck though?

sthief09
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's he got? he'd 3-bet the flop with an overpair or top pair on that board. if he had a Q he just hit a straight. if he had something worse he might not pay off a turn bet but might take a stab instead.

sthief09
08-08-2005, 12:33 AM
basic hand reading says he doesn't have the type of hand you fear most, which is an overpair. those have tons of outs. otherwise I think this is more or less a way ahead, way behind situation. I don't think you'll give too many free cards, except to hands like A9. but on this board, you're not going to get as much value from betting either. I'd say the most likely hands are a combination of unpaired cards A-J.

joker122
08-08-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

quite weak i think. we have the best hand here sooo often.