PDA

View Full Version : madden 06

unlucky513
08-07-2005, 04:35 PM
can't wait for this game to come out. anyone else obsessed w/ madden?

also, anyone play on xbox live?

Oski
08-07-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the man, not the game.

Gandor
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
The game will probably suck in comparison to previous NFL games. Since EA bought exclusive rights for the next I believe 5 years, they have no reason to be innovative and spend game developement. Afterall, they have an NFL monopoly now.

touchfaith
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

also, anyone play on xbox live?

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a preview of it last night on 'Tech Now' (TV show in the Bay Area)

The only two new things mentioned where...

- Field of view passing. A grey area is shown from the QB downfield representing his field of view (changes as you move around). Not sure how this works, but looked very hard to get use to.

- Pinpoint passing. You will have the ability to zip passes in, or lob them over the top of defenders.

I think they are running out of improvments.

'05 is fine for me, I wont be downlo...errr...purchasing '06.

thatpfunk
08-07-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only two new things mentioned where...

- Field of view passing. A grey area is shown from the QB downfield representing his field of view (changes as you move around). Not sure how this works, but looked very hard to get use to.

- Pinpoint passing. You will have the ability to zip passes in, or lob them over the top of defenders.

I think they are running out of improvments.

'05 is fine for me, I wont be downlo...errr...purchasing '06.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Field of View passing is amazing. It completely changes the game and and a lot more skill. Previously a QBs awareness did not matter at all, now their field of visision will be brighter, etc. Also, it completely prevents players from using scrambling QBs in cheaps ways: No longer can you scramble with Vick or Donovan and throw to anyone, the WR must be in their field of vision like in real life.

Pinpoint passing will also hopefully be very good, it could make a huge difference.

Also, they are supposed to have fixed a lot of the online glitches, etc, which would be great. I am always down for an xbox live game.

SL__72
08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I can't wait... I want it now!

fluxrad
08-07-2005, 07:16 PM
idunno. IGN gave it 8.8 which, for a bunch of PS2/Madden fanboys means this game is going to suuuuck.

thatpfunk
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

idunno. IGN gave it 8.8 which, for a bunch of PS2/Madden fanboys means this game is going to suuuuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, the reviewer seemed to complain that the game had gotten too tough for the avg player, while for many of us, that makes it much better.

I'll have a review by Wed.

08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
QB Vision looks stupid and I really hope there's an option to turn it off. That is all.