PDA

View Full Version : Need a WR in a keeper league

Josh W
08-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I have a pretty good roster in a keeper league (it's a convoluted league, so I won't go into the draft details here...but now it's the supplemental draft).

I have a mistake in my WR, in that I have Hines Ward, Chad Johnson, and Chris Chambers. Two of these have the same bye week, and Ward is still a holdout. So, in the Supplemental draft, I need to pick up a WR (or two). The available free agents are:

Donald Driver
Jimmy Smith
Derrick Mason
Isaac Bruce
Rod Smith
Eric Moulds
Brandon STokely
Santana Moss

and the list goes on (but those are the best). My biggest concern is week 4, when I have the overlapping bye weeks, so I don't want a rookie (too early in the season, Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards aren't available, and I don't think guys like Troy Williamson will make an immediate impact).

Anyways, Buffalo is in New Orleans in week 4, so I think that Moulds may not be a bad pick.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

The Armchair
08-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I'd go with Mason. Talent-wise, he's the best of the bunch. He's playing at the Jets that week, who have a questionable secondary but good run defense, signalling that the Ravens will indeed be passing.

Josh W
08-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Hmmm....I was leaning towards playing in New Orleans, cuz the turf. I guess that it's early in the year, so weather shouldn't be too inclimate at NYJ. Both Moulds and Mason have semi-questionable QBs throwing the ball to them.

I think it's close, but Mason isn't degrading like Moulds is, so I'll take the advice I was asking for.

Thanks,

Josh

The Armchair
08-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Eric Moulds is overrated (http://www.footballproject.com/story.php?storyid=434).

Jack of Arcades
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with Mason. Talent-wise, he's the best of the bunch. He's playing at the Jets that week, who have a questionable secondary but good run defense, signalling that the Ravens will indeed be passing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, listen to the man. Boller is underrated and should do well against the Jets' secondary.

KingCon
08-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Damn, take STOKELY....You never know who Manning will pick to thorw 3 TDs to. And he usually spreads the TDs around

BWebb
08-07-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm too lazy to look up schedules. Post all week 4 matchups.

Sluss
08-08-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, take STOKELY

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I don't remember when he is set to return, Stokley is injured.