PDA

View Full Version : Very Icky Turn - $400PL

ipp147
08-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Been at the table for a few orbits. Table is playing very sanely.

Villain 1 is quite fishy. I've seen him call lots and he pushed all in with Top 2 on the turn (lost to a set) an orbit or so ago.

Villain 2 seems solid.

I'm UTG+1 with around $350 and raise KJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifKJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif to $10.

Villain 1 and 2 cold call. Blinds fold.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($35)

I bet $25. Both call.

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($108)

I check
Villain 1 bets pot. Villain 2 fold. I fold.

Any other way to play it?

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
If he is likely to push a hand that is beating you if you bet, check.If he's a 'tricky' player and would often just call in this spot with a flush/straight, make a small bet.

ipp147
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is likely to push a hand that is beating you if you bet, check.If he's a 'tricky' player and would often just call in this spot with a flush/straight, make a small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I left out stack sizes,

Villain 1 had around $150 at the start of the hand.

Villain 2 had me covered.

What sort of size would you recommend betting here against both these stacks and also if we assume Villain 1 had a bigger stack.

Also, say you are called. What do you do with a blank river?

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 04:59 PM
What size was your stack?

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
If you have between $120 and $150 here, any reasonable bet you make is going to nearly pot commit you if he comes over top. I think you really need to know the player considering the stack sizes here.

z32fanatic
08-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I guess you have to fold here. The 6 of hearts is the worst possible card that could have come off so there isn't really a hand you're beating. I've been at PL400 for a month or two and don't find that people are bluffing that much in situations like this. Without knowing the exact player, I would have to say fold. This might change as there are some insane people there. See you at the tables (please don't stack me).