PDA

View Full Version : Playing SB in 6max 50nl

FourNickel
08-07-2005, 04:05 PM
What hands should I be completing from the small blind? How many limpers do I need to complete low suited connectors or one gappers. Should I ever complete with Ax offsuit? What should I raise with? If it is just me and the BB? Just need some general guidelines. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Playing agianst mostly loose passive players.

JobyWan
08-07-2005, 04:35 PM
For me, the implied odds in NL are the driving force, and as you're getting 3 to 1 odds on your SB, I call with any suited connectors, pairs, 2 cards 10 or above and premium hands. It's the perfect oppurtunity to disguise your monsters. I raise a little for value with hands that do well heads up, but don't get much action if flopped..thinks like AX and KQ, but not with great hands like AA-JJ. If the BB constantly raises my limps by more than 3x the BB, then I continue to limp and re-raise 9x the BB with premium hands. This will pay for your lost SBs if he folds, plus I find the BB will typically call the re-raise with a lessor hand to save face, especially if your premium hand hits with 3 or 4 turns of his bullying raise as it will look like you are making a stand and could have anything. But in general, if the game is passive, call with everything, especially premium hands and try to catch a hand that'll take his stack. Again, I think it's one of the best ways to truly disguise what you've got going.

JobyWan

FourNickel
08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks. That was what I was looking for.

jonnyUCB
08-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Playing in position is more important than the cards you hold. You will have to play your hand fairly straightforward and be easy to read. Playing sub-par hands from the SB can often get you in trouble, so its hard to get into general guidelines without knowing the character of the table. Some times I'll raise out of the SB with AT-AQ, sometimes I'll just complete. A lot of this depends on whether raises have thinned the field or not... unpaired hands don't fare well against large fields, out of position.

In general, you will be ch/f many flops to late position bettors in an aggressive game, so complete less. In an L/P game you can complete more often as they wont be bluffing you out on the flop much.