PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm behind. Should I push?

Misfire
08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
UB $5+.50, blinds are 30/60.

Villan seemed pretty tight, so I was pretty certain he's sitting on a pair. I'm short stacked, but still got more than 10xBB. Do I call and hope for a good flop, or do I push and risk busting out on a coinflip?

SB is at seat 2 with 2160.
BB is at seat 4 with 2640.
UTG is at seat 5 with 2955.
MP is at seat 6 with 5565.
CO is at seat 8 with 800.
Hero is at seat 9 with 880.

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Pre-flop:

UTG raises to 160. 2 folds.
Hero??

bluefeet
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
i would just call. call/pushing a hit board. check/folding a miss. if the BB was 150 or so, you'd have to push PF.

splashpot
08-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I'd just push. First of all, I don't see how your read could be at all reliable. It's still very early, no one picks up accurate reads that fast unless he's a maniac. Second, UTG has 2955 meaning that he can't be ultra-tight unless he won a crap load of chips with the nuts against some idiot.

Unless you have some very, very good reason to think that UTG won't fold, I push.

Misfire
08-07-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's still very early, no one picks up accurate reads that fast unless he's a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was at 30/60, which on UB comes after 30 minutes of play. Also, this is a $5 table. At this level, the fact that he hasn't shown himself to be a maniac says a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, UTG has 2955 meaning that he can't be ultra-tight unless he won a crap load of chips with the nuts against some idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say ultra tight, I said pretty tight. He won several small crap loads with good cards against an assortment of idiots (including the guy who earlier gave me a bad beat for almost half my stack).

tigerite
08-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I would never just call here, it's way too much of your stack to be calling off and folding if the flop isn't any good, missing the possibility of the A or K dropping later. You're not really short stacked here though, but given the nature of the tournament, I'd push here, in an SNG, I may well fold, depends on my read of the guy in question. It's definitely push/fold here, nothing else is any good.

Misfire
08-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I didn't feel good about just calling, and I decided although I had more than 10xBB I was still hurting compared to the other stacks. I pushed. He showed TT. I caught my king. There was much rejoicing.

jon462
08-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Jesus .. 30/60 after 30 mins of play, do they have 2 hour sngs there? what hell that must be..