PDA

View Full Version : Because I hate money...

MisterKing
08-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Betting the turn was a clear error on my part, no? Opponent is 43/9/1, FWIW. This thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3072657&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) the other day contained some good commentary on low frushes, but apparently it hasn't sunk into my thick skull just yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

dave44
08-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't hate a bet in your hand. I think you're more likely to get called down by a non-flush hand heads up and by an opponent with somewhat passive statistics. It seems you have a safe fold to his raise as well.

Poldi
08-07-2005, 04:28 PM
If you have to see a showdown with your 5-high flush, you pay 2 BB against a higher flush by check/calling both big streets. If you know you can lay down to a turnraise by your opponent, your line is clearly superior. I dont see players with an aggression factor of 1 bluffraising a lot but this would be a perfect spot to do it.
I think it completely depends on your opponent. If I cant trust him I check-call turn + river down. If he seems really passive and didnt bluff over quite some hands, I play it like you did.

dave44
08-07-2005, 04:31 PM
You seem to think hero is out of position, which is incorrect.

MisterKing
08-07-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem to think hero is out of position, which is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right the issue is whether I value bet the turn (and perhaps the river), or take a guaranteed showdown for 1BB. I still think maybe the latter is best here.