PDA

View Full Version : Good play, bad play or misclick?

bkm
08-07-2005, 03:26 PM
$10+1 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1434)
Hero (t930)
BB (t4596)
UTG (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t930 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t730.

Flop: (t1860) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1860) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1860) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1860

Hero has 7c Qd (high card, king).
BB has 2c 3s (one pair, threes).
Outcome: BB wins t1860.

The BB has been playing a good game and has used her big stack well. So, why does she call my all-in with a hand that, at best, is only going to win 1 in 3 times?

If she folds, she has more than half the chips with the rest of the chips pretty much evenly divided between the other 3 players. While we're playing conservatively, waiting for each other to bust out, she could use her big stack to wear us down.

Am I missing anything here?

jeffraider
08-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Your play was fine and the BB's call was terrible. You're not missing anything.

jgunnip
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
BB was getting 1.68 to 1 on the call and knows your pushing a wide range here so most likely his cards are live which I think would justify the call.

Although given that its a 10+1 it was probably a misclick which sucks for you.

GimmeDaWatch
08-07-2005, 04:24 PM
So, why does she call my all-in with a hand that, at best, is only going to win 1 in 3 times?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, against a random hand she's gonna win about half the time. Looks like you're pushing random hands. Not everybody has the calling/folding standards they "should" have or you presume they have or you'd like them to have.

Nick B.
08-07-2005, 04:24 PM
He has a mountain of chips and it doesn't matter whether he calls or not, which is why your push is so bad.

Jman28
08-07-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well, against a random hand she's gonna win about half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You realize the BB is the one with 32, right?

Jman28
08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has a mountain of chips and it doesn't matter whether he calls or not, which is why your push is so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Nick?

This is a push that I would usually make, and a call that I wouldn't even think about making.

What am I missing?

nate_king1
08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$10+1 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1434)
Hero (t930)
BB (t4596)
UTG (t1040)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t930 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t730.

Flop: (t1860) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1860) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1860) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1860

Hero has 7c Qd (high card, king).
BB has 2c 3s (one pair, threes).
Outcome: BB wins t1860.

The BB has been playing a good game and has used her big stack well. So, why does she call my all-in with a hand that, at best, is only going to win 1 in 3 times?

If she folds, she has more than half the chips with the rest of the chips pretty much evenly divided between the other 3 players. While we're playing conservatively, waiting for each other to bust out, she could use her big stack to wear us down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd push this 100% of the time.

SammyKid11
08-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Based on everything our hero has seen from villain, this is anything but a bad push. He's the shortstack, with 4.5xBB left...she's been playing well with her large stack (which means not calling pushes with 32o). He's in the best possible stealing position, and getting called by that junk is most definitely +EV long-run...as is not getting called by that junk and stealing the blinds.

This is a GOOD push, and a BAD call. You got unlucky but that's all. Don't let results-oriented posters dissuade you from making obvious plays. Also, don't post results and you'll get better advice.

Nick B.
08-07-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Nick?

This is a push that I would usually make, and a call that I wouldn't even think about making.

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't make this call either, but I probably wouldn't make this push. I just don't think it correct to push into a monster stack that is getting over 1.5-1 when there are 2 other stacks that are desperate also. If the other two stacks were larger, I would make this push, but not with the stacks the way they are now.

tigerite
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I remember when I was playing the $10+$1's an utter donk got to a huge mountain of chips so that when down to 4, I had 500, the other two ~800 and him some sick amount, at 25/50 blinds, well I picked up KJo in the cutoff, shoved, and he (in the SB) called with 32o, and spiked a 3. They're moerans.

GimmeDaWatch
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, against a random hand she's gonna win about half the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You realize the BB is the one with 32, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. Disregard my post, she is retarded. I am retarded, hadnt slept in 30 hours I swear /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Nick B.
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Nick?

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ran the numbers on sng analyzer and this is a -3% push if bb calls with any 2. Even on the loosest setting this is -.7%.

lastchance
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Nick?

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ran the numbers on sng analyzer and this is a -3% push if bb calls with any 2. Even on the loosest setting this is -.7%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is BB really spite calling with Any 2? What is loosest setting? And you have Q7o! Flipping your hand face up is +Chip EV, by a lot.