PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rempel

Acesover8s
08-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Stop teaching and berating the fish.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Huh? While I can be a somewhat angry person at times, if you're watching me play right now I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't said anything in chat in hours.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 03:33 PM
I also do tend to use a coffeehousing style to get my opponents to play back at me. I rarely use it on someone I've never played before unless they seem very susceptable.

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, let me second this. I've seen it once or twice myself!

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
In fact, you're doing it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

I mean, this is seriously not smart. Why are you doing it? This does nothing but either (a) make them want to leave, or (b) make them want to get it right.

Either option is real bad for those of us trying to keep them around. You're seriously going to cut into the profit margin.

Please just stop doing it.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 07:44 PM
If you honestly think you can have four hands and $700 go down in twenty minutes by the same player on three different tables overplaying a set, you are a better person than me.

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 07:49 PM
But who cares? So they got lucky. Stuff happens. Keep them around so you can get your money back. If they leave, you just lose it. Tell them "nh" and leave it at that. They stay, they think they play well, and you crush them later.

I mean, you're a good enough player to know about the long term, right? Sure you are.

08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Seriously. We can't have you educating the fish. They might form a union or something.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
You may start talking to me about the long term when you stop raising one pair on a board with easy straight possibilities.

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 08:28 PM
You're right, that was a bad play. I admit it. I paid for it. The read was poor, and I paid my dues for it, didn't I?

You ought to admit your mistakes too.

Look, if you want to be a jerk, and continue doing what you're doing, that's your call. Just understand that it will literally cost you money. And it costs me, too, especailly when you do it on my tables. Just do the right thing.

Olof
08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I have no idea what site he plays at or what he says when he berates bad players, but if he is outright insulting I think you should email support and try to have his chat removed.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I get irritated on occasion and say a few things that I shouldn't. I need to get to the point where outcomes really don't matter. Unfortunately I'm not quite there yet. I'm working at building a bankroll and every loss hurts to a small degree.

IIn the future I'll redirect my anger at players that make ridiculous patronising comments about 'knowing about the long term' and then donk off $200 against an obvious flopped straight with a set.

As for the other bad play, you hardly paid your dues as you caught a runner-runner full house. I guess when you're thinking about the long term so much it's hard to remember a hand you played forty-five minutes ago.

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Ok, well, thats your call. You're not going to stop, I'm going to take Olof's suggestion and liberally direct site support to any berating comments you make to any other player while we're at the same table.

I think you need to read the OP and the subsequent posters' comments and do some serious introspective thinking.

I won't dignify the rest of your comments with a response, and I consider this conversation over.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Yes, I'm sure PokerStars will get all fired up over me discussing the play of a particular hand with a player. Good luck.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
For anyone that cares, I fully acknowledge that I should not be discussing play at the table. I am certainly working on this but occasionally have lapses in judgement.

To those that want to make passive-aggressive comments about my play or poker knowledge, just remember; you screw with the bull, you get the horns.

RickyG
08-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Also Rempel, Please shower, people around the office are starting to talk... and well... just do it man..

TheRempel
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
But I spend $500 a week on cologne!