PDA

View Full Version : Just one more hand...

adam74
08-07-2005, 03:05 PM
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($22.65)
UTG ($30.20)
MP ($26.65)
adam74 ($24.20)
Button ($30)
SB ($16.15)

Preflop: adam74 is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, adam74 calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">adam74 raises to $2.95</font>, Button calls $2.95, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($7.90) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">adam74 bets $7.55</font>, Button calls $7.55.

River: ($23) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">adam74 bets $13.45 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $13.45.

Final Pot: $49.90

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 2c Ah 6d Ad.

Outcome: Button wins $49.90. </font>

This time it's me betting into the four aces. I keep getting into these sorts of problems. My thinking here is...

flop...probably got the best hand...only hands that beat me are AAxx and AJxx, and I can account for 2 aces and 3 jacks, and no-one raised pre-flop. Plus, UTG's mini-bet and subsequent fold could mean he had a bare ace, so another ace possibly accounted for.

turn...still probably got the best hand...slightly wary of the possibility of A3xx, but not enough to stop me betting...and if Button has a bare ace, I want him out or paying to see the river.

river...another 3 gives me more confidence in my hand, since it reduces the chances of an A3xx holding. I can't worry about 33xx. It's usual to see people calling all the way with trips, even on the river. I put Button with some confidence on a bare ace...I don't think he'll bet it if I check, but I think he'll call if I bet.

So I bet, he calls...and I don't particularly enjoy the showdown. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

joewatch
08-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I like your flop play, but I think you have to slow down a bit on the turn and river. I would be very worried about AJ after villain called your big raise.

DOMIT
08-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, be carefull of the cold callers.. he's got to have something. I don't know what others feel, since I don't play much OH only.. but plenty of O8. If intial bettor really had an Ace, at this limit, he's not going anywhere. His bet into the pot and subsequent fold to me looks like a probe bet to steal the pot, and then a quick fold once he was thwarted by finding out that two real hands were in there (he prolly had a high pair like KK or QQ).

My two cents.

TheRempel
08-07-2005, 04:16 PM
His cold call on the flop and turn would have me worried, but I would have played it out the same way. A typical cold call on the flop and turn here means he has an ace and hasn't filled up yet. A small percentage of the time he is going to have AA or AJ. The rest of the time he needs a card and you're at least a 80% favorite on the turn. I like the river push when the stacks are this short and at the level you are playing.

beset7
08-07-2005, 06:03 PM
You should get stacked off here. You played it fine.

RickyG
08-08-2005, 03:43 AM
I might check call the river instead. I you probably lose the same ammount of money most of the time, but I like check/calling more someone who didnt fill up might bet, but I dont think any good players that you can beat will call here.