PDA

View Full Version : 2 over flush draw... what to do?

gol4pro
08-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm playing with a 31BB stack here. This is to be discussed at another time, but I'm doing it here. Game is 1/2 NL at pacific, and the whole table has me covered.

Hero has J /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif on button. 4 limpers, I call, SB folds, BB knocks.
-- Villian here is BB. He's aggressive on draws, and overplays top pair frequently. My image at the table is probably weak/tight.

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 12.5$)
-- BB bets 12$, all fold to me, Hero? I've got 60 left in my stack.
-- My estimated hand range for villian here is 44,66,77,88,99 (TT-AA would have been raised preflop), 54,34,24,53,32,52,A5,. I'm 99% sure he would check raise a set, and probably would have done the same with something like A /images/graemlins/spade.gifx /images/graemlins/spade.gif. K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif would have been raised preflop for sure. K /images/graemlins/spade.gifx /images/graemlins/spade.gif is also possible, but I doubt it for some reason (just my gut)

-- Fold?
-- Call?
-- Raise to 30 for a free card?
-- Push?

RiverFenix
08-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I dont think a push has much FE on that board with the BB leading. Raising for a free card doesnt always work against aggros, and with your short stack you become pretty committed to a draw that may not be best.

I cant believe the SB folded getting 13:1, his hand must have been terrible.

ajmargarine
08-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Fold.

IMO, 2/3 of the time you are up against two pair or better right now. Which means your JT are not outs. You need to reevaluate the chances that villian has a set. Your 99% confidence is way off. This flop has a high probability of being checked through, so a set should lead here. Only an overpair, 5x, a made straight, or a semibluff from 2 spades or 4x are probably betting this flop. That makes for a good chance that this gets checked through.

Is villian leading into 5 players strongly with a hand like 85o. Possibly. He's got something, and I just think more times than not he already has 2 pair or better. So 1/3 of the time he's going to boat up and your made flush would be no good anyway.

And, if you call and hit your flush on the turn, there's a good chance you may not be able to get your whole stack in the middle and have him call, making your implied odds not so good.