PDA

View Full Version : Final Thoughts As Armageddon Approaches (long, rambling)

Bill Murphy
03-18-2003, 12:03 AM
From a biblical sense, this really could be it, ya know; mass starvations 'round the globe, major war imminent, new plague spreading... "On thru the dead of night, you can hear the Four Horsemen ride..."

Anybody else think we'll do a strike on N Korea's nuke facilities as long as we're about it? I think its 50-50. Be a helluva misdirection play. I just can't see how we can possibly allow NK to become a full nuke power, assuming we're using the same logic as for invading Iraq.

Gawd Awmighty, why didn't we does this 12 years ago? This times gonna be so much worse. What's already been seen indicates Saddam at minimum highly likely to blow the oil fields and the filled trenches around Baghdad. Gonna be far worse Iraqi civilian casualties then there would've been in '91.

Can't imagine Saddam won't send everything he can at Israel, or that there won't be at least one 9/11 type event here, else a rash of smaller ones.

Whatta ya do tho? Can't leave him there, sanctions & inspections a complete joke. We were buying $500 mil of oil a year to be used for "humanitarian purposes"; inspections from 91-98 stopped nothing; Clinton & UN did nothing when Saddam kicked 'em out; UN a joke.

I know plenty of Iraqis, Iranians, Palestinians. Wonderful people, highly educated & cultured. They don't hate Americans, just US foreign policy & the Israeli gov't & military. Iraq & Iran are much more Western than Saudi Arabia(the real problem). Saddam & the ayatollahs have destroyed both countries, and the US & European foreign policies since WWI helped 'em do it; couldn't have happened otherwise.

Can't decide who I hate more, Euro hypocrites or sanctimonious Bush family/admin's. This really sucks, gonna be bad, as is the new superflu; every 30 years or so; 40 million died in 68-69 last time.

Hope the WSOP goes off one last time, as I'm now on a heater. Wish I'd shagged (a lot)more girls, and made it to Australia & NewZ. Oh well, it looked bad during WWII, so who knows.

God help us all. Hope an Iraqi general w/terminal cancer & 15 grandchildren answers destiny's call, but that's like hitting the Powerball, and won't solve North Korea anyway. Can't let Sad Boy & The Jonger get any stronger, plus need to scare the up & comers, but at what cost.

This sucks, and yeah, I'm scared (esp. of that new fvcking flu). God, I hate the Bush family, but I don't think Gore would be doing anything better or different, and I support going into both Iraq & NorthK(the reactors & stockpiles). We've already seen what 12 years of dicking around does.

Hope to see ya all at the WSOP this year.

MMMMMM
03-18-2003, 12:21 AM
I don't think it will be as bad you fear; it could be, but there will probably be a lot of surrendering and little resistance in most of Iraq.

Also I just read that some people are now recovering from that flu.

HDPM
03-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Odds are long it will be armageddon. I'd say don't worry, but that's dumb. Just don't worry quite so much. Some bad stuff is going to happen, but probably not as much as you are worrying about.

Mark Heide
03-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Bill,

I'm just glad I live in the US instead of Iraq. It's going to be a bloody mess, because we know that the innocent will die first after we drop 7000 bombs on Badgdad. But, look at it this way, at least we're not dropping any more nukes, yet, like we did in WWII.

There is always someone predicting Armageddon, but it has not happened yet. Look at all the conflicts around that world that are ignored by the media. There is always some war going on somewhere on this planet. That's just the way it is, and most of us can't do a thing about it. The only way you can do anything about it is if you are filthy rich, otherwise forgetaboutit.

Hopefully, better days ahead.

Mark