PDA

View Full Version : cooking chicken wings...

KaneKungFu123
08-07-2005, 11:57 AM
what is the best way to go about it?

what is the best way to make buffalo wing sauce?

ive just been putting a tiny bit of oil in frying pan, and cooking them on medium, then covering them in tabasco sauce.
a better way?

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Pay to have scantily-clad girls serve them to you.

KaneKungFu123
08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
i perfer my scantily clad women over beer chang.

coopersmydog
08-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Here's how I make them.

First season your wings with salt and pepper. Then, deep fry the wings, you can either bread them or not bread them.

Sauce - Franks redhot sauce, butter, jalepenos (sp), black pepper, garlic. Simmer all of this in a pot for maybe 5 or 10 minutes.

When your wings are done put them in the sauce for a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

jnalpak
08-07-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I make them.

First season your wings with salt and pepper. Then, deep fry the wings, you can either bread them or not bread them.

Sauce - Franks redhot sauce, butter, jalepenos (sp), black pepper, garlic. Simmer all of this in a pot for maybe 5 or 10 minutes.

When your wings are done put them in the sauce for a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

BEST RECIPE EVER!!!!!!

Burno
08-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Plain Frozen Wingies + Deep Fryer + Texas Pete Hot Sauce

Fry wingies, then put them in a container with the sauce and shake furiously.

Taste just like the ones you get in any sports bar, the kind that turn the tops of your fingers orange.

Burno

KaneKungFu123
08-07-2005, 01:03 PM
what does it mean deep fry?

do i need a deep fryer?

RunDownHouse
08-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 in a deep pan. You shoul probably have about 2 inches of oil. Don't use olive oil, it'll smoke long before you can fry. Use a splatter guard thing if you have one.

Al P
08-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Here's how I make them.

First season your wings with salt and pepper. Then, cook the wings in the oven for 35 minutes, you can not bread them.

Sauce - Franks redhot sauce(not the buffalo sauce it sucks), butter, black pepper, garlic. Simmer all of this in a pot for 10 minutes.

When your wings are almost done put them in the sauce for a few minutes and then back in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes. Put them in the sauce again until ready to be eaten.

Have plenty of beer on hand and some paper towels for the sweat that will accumulate on your forehead. I also highly recommend some good ranch dressing for dipping.

turnipmonster
08-08-2005, 12:28 AM
wash wings. dip them in flour. dip them in beer batter*. fry wings in a pot of hot oil (make sure the oil is hot before frying. test it's hot enough by flicking a few drops of water into the pan, it should sizzle and pop. the oil should not be sot hot it is smoking). fry for longer than you would think.

once out, dip them in a bowl of wing sauce**

*beer batter = 1/2 can of beer. gradually stir in flour until thick. can stir in old bay for flavor.

**wing sauce = 1/2 texas pete hot sauce and half clarified butter.

Benal
08-08-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 in a deep pan. You shoul probably have about 2 inches of oil. Don't use olive oil, it'll smoke long before you can fry. Use a splatter guard thing if you have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont burn the house down!

James Boston
08-08-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the best way to make buffalo wing sauce?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many other responses have suggested what sounds like good buffalo sauce recipes. Just so you'll know, the 2 ingredients that make it a buffalo sauce are hot sauce and butter. Maintain those 2 and you can experiment with garlic, spices, etc...

[ QUOTE ]
what is the best way to go about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

breaded and deep fried

Spota
08-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Soak wings in milk or buttermilk for an hour or 2. Coat wings with House of Autrey flour mix (found at local grocery store) Fry at 350 degrees in peanut oil. (Peanut oil has a higher flah point that vegetable oil.)

Put cooked wings in a tupperware container, add sauce, shake enough to cover the wings.

samjjones
08-08-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Soak wings in milk or buttermilk for an hour or 2. Coat wings with House of Autrey flour mix (found at local grocery store) Fry at 350 degrees in peanut oil. (Peanut oil has a higher flah point that vegetable oil.)

Put cooked wings in a tupperware container, add sauce, shake enough to cover the wings.

[/ QUOTE ]
The type of breading on the wing is really a matter of taste. Buttermilk and flour give a nice, crispy breading. I'd also definitely second the suggestions of Frank's Hot Sauce (NOT the "buffalo flavor" one) and butter or margarine. Buffalo wings are actually incredibly easy to make.

DonBaker
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
what is the ratio of hot sauce and butter?
1/2cup of sauce and 1/2cup of butter?

it look like A LOTS of butter /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Al P
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I usually fill a small soup pan with about 3/4" of Franks and just throw in an overflowing spoon of butter.

turnipmonster
08-08-2005, 02:10 PM
always 1:1 at the place I worked. it is a lot of butter.

W. Deranged
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I make them.

First season your wings with salt and pepper. Then, cook the wings in the oven for 35 minutes, you can not bread them.

Sauce - Franks redhot sauce(not the buffalo sauce it sucks), butter, black pepper, garlic. Simmer all of this in a pot for 10 minutes.

When your wings are almost done put them in the sauce for a few minutes and then back in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes. Put them in the sauce again until ready to be eaten.

Have plenty of beer on hand and some paper towels for the sweat that will accumulate on your forehead. I also highly recommend some good ranch dressing for dipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

deep-frying >>> baking IMO

NoTalent
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wings are not healh food

SL__72
08-08-2005, 02:17 PM
With that sauce they are good whether you deep fry them or not... there is really no need for it because they will be good anyway.

KaneKungFu123
08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

deep-frying >>> baking IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

deep frying is so messy, baking is certainly easier.

DonBaker
08-08-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wings are not healh food

[/ QUOTE ]

i know /images/graemlins/wink.gif i gonna try that tonight

Reqtech
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Here's my wingie recipe:

Wingie sauce:

Franks Red Hot, butter (one stick per bottle of RedHot), generous dash of worcestershire sause, garlic powder to taste, ground red pepper to taste (for heat), tobasco or better hot sauce for more heat, and about 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to give the sauce a kick (I usually use more).
The sauce should be made in a saucepan at the lowest setting. Cooking the sauce too high can ruin destroy flavor. Normally takes about 15-20 minutes for the butter to melt into the sauce.

I don't bread my wingies. Most times I just go with a frozen bag of wings from CostCo and toss them in the fryer with peanut oil at 350 degrees for about 12-13 minutes. I like em crispy.