SparrowHawk
08-07-2005, 11:52 AM
2/5 NL game $300 buy in. 7 players.
Game: loose
gave is on for about 2hrs.

ME: $520
Raiser: 250
Button: $800

I pickup kk in the sb. Loose/passive player raises to 15. 4 callers. I raise to 75. original raises calls, the button calls. He is loose/agressive-plays anything at anytime

POT: $245

FLOP: 6d 8h 6h

I bet $100 into 245. Raiser folds. BUTTON CALLS?

I stop and think. Draw? Set of 8s? overpair, but no aces. . He slow played a set earlier against me. He also loves his draws.

The turn: 9d

I CHECK. My thought was slight fear at first, but I also felt I was still strong and ahead. I wanted to see his move

He bet out $200. I thought about it and decided he was taking a stab at this pot or , figuring I had AK. He always puts me on AK when I check and by checking he probably thought I missed my hand.

I push all in for about 250. I know he going to call. He's PC.

He's turns over 77. and spikes a 7 on the river.

Questions:

My preflop raise I think was appropriate. The game was loose and 15 raise seemed like a suited connected to gain value on the hand.

100 into 245 on the flop seemed appropriate. Strong enough to get raiser out if he missed his hand or no draw.

Button...like I said..could have anything. He had already bought into this game for 900 in the first hour.

Should my raise have been larger on the flop to win it there? I knew my hand was best!!!

I think I made a mistake with the check on the turn. He could have checked for a free card or bet like he did. If I push all in for about 350 there...he might not call? But being somewhat of maniac and having 10 outs...he might even though PO tells him not to? So I check.

Should I fold now with the 200 bet at me? I the pot is $550? getting 2.5 on money and think I have the best hand.

THOUGHTS?

bingledork
08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
This is a borderline bad-beat post.
You played it perfect. Rebuy.

ryanghall
08-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I like your preflop raise.

I would bet more on the flop. Quite a lot more. Make it $200 or so; this is a wonderful flop for you.

Ryan

SparrowHawk
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I thought about that. That is what is eating me up.

For him to make the 100 call on flop is a mistake. He is getting 3/1 on his money with (at that point) 2 outs. BAD PLAY. So I think my pot size was good to win it right there. If he is on an over pair...even better.

BUT THE CHECK on the turn. This is iffy? I check, he could check for a free card. If I push right there. I am the aggressor. He would be forced to call 350. I would have taken his semi-bluff away. I was looking for VALUE. I know he would put me on missing my hand and then trying to buy it on flop. I got the call I wanted.

I was a 3 to 1 favorite going into the river. Yes it is a marginal bad-beat.

lange101
08-07-2005, 12:57 PM
You are justifying your play based on what he had. If he is on a heart draw and/or a straight draw he is getting good odds because he is likely stacking you off. It is a great flop for you. I'm guessing he put you on a busted AK. I don't think that it is bad play necessarily on your part. A flat call here would scare the hell out of me. Bah, I'm just rambling now. I say raise more on flop and lead turn.