PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 Live. Getting tricky with AA

PGarlic
08-07-2005, 11:31 AM
20/40NL at Lucky Chances, 4 handed. I (~$2500) open on the button for 120, BB(~$1600) reraises to 340, I call. BB is stuck over 10K and has been playing agressively. He's come over the top of my button raise once before and has been auto raising on the button. He's an aggressive player in general though and likes to play a lot of hands. His biggest leak IMO is that he has a hard time laying down. I've seen him call off a lot of money with hands like bottom pair.

Flop: K 7 7 (suits irrevelant)

BB checks to me! That check really threw me for a loop. I thought he would bet regardless of the flop. At that point I put him on either AK or a PP lower then a K. With AK, he thinks he may think he has me drawing slim and wants to wait till the turn to get the money in.With a PP he may want to observe my bet, deciding then if I have a K or not.

Anyway, in my mind I have the nuts( unless he has KK) so I check behind, planning to bet the turn if checked to again.

Turn: K 7 7 9

BB then fires out 400. I'm not sure if BB thinks he has the best hand with something like AK or thinks he needs to push me off of a PP lower then a K. I decide to just call the bet, maybe re-raising all in here is the better choice?

River: K 7 7 9 8

BB immediately shoves the rest in, I think for a few seconds then call. What do you guys think?

riverboatking
08-07-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
His biggest leak IMO is that he has a hard time laying down. I've seen him call off a lot of money with hands like bottom pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true why are you trying to get so cute?
why not either bet the flop or raise the turn?
either way i don't think it matters, with these stack sizes and your description of the player i think you have to be willing to play for all of his chips in this spot.
so however you end up getting it in is moot.

PGarlic
08-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Yea, you have a good point. Re-raising preflop had entered my mind. I thought the BB could have be re-raising with garbage though, which he is definitely capable of. Also, I should've mentioned BB makes loose calls when he thinks he has some kind of read, the problem is he thinks he has a read on his opponent too often.

I also should've mentioned that my image is that of a weak tight nit (which isn't too far off /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I thought that if I showed too much strength on the flop the BB would find a fold for a hand like KQ.

sirtimo
08-07-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB(~$1600) reraises to 340, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push like you're tired of him f*king with you and hope he calls you with his lower PP.

captZEEbo1
08-07-2005, 03:16 PM
yeah, you are definitely not deep enough to be screwing around pf with smoothcalling a raise. He has less than 50 bb's and is stuck, he is probably looking to gamble with whatever he has. If he has JTs, he will put you on a lower pp, if he has 22 he will put you on AK.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:58 PM
How long has this game been going? Who was the opponent? Are most of the stacks pretty short like this?

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think for a few seconds then call. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your description of the player, situation, and stacks, what were you thinking about? I instacall.

RikaKazak
08-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Just calling the pf reraise is fine, setting up for later, but 3 bet is fine too. If you do choose to just call then reraise on turn, I check flop also, but on turn when he comes betting at me, I raise. Reason being he might have a str8 draw. I mean, I'm not 100% sure what his hand selection is for reraising you, but against weak tights shorthanded middle suited connectors are something I'll reraise with selectively. Push turn imo.

Leaky Eye
08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
When did Lucky Chances start spreading 20/40nl?

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When did Lucky Chances start spreading 20/40nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend just called them. Apparently the 10/10/20 has been changed to 20/40, 40 to open. $5k min buy on Mon, $1k on Wed/Fri.

PGarlic
08-07-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just calling the pf reraise is fine, setting up for later, but 3 bet is fine too. If you do choose to just call then reraise on turn, I check flop also, but on turn when he comes betting at me, I raise. Reason being he might have a str8 draw. I mean, I'm not 100% sure what his hand selection is for reraising you, but against weak tights shorthanded middle suited connectors are something I'll reraise with selectively. Push turn imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I think I agree with you. A suited connector is definitely a possibility, better to get it in on the turn while he's still drawing. He may give up on the river if he doesn't have anything.

Anyway, villian had K9 and MHIG. I asked him if he was done with the hand till the 9 turned and he said he was, he of course could be lying.

edit: to answer the question about stack sizes they range anywhere from 1k-15k .

kagame
08-07-2005, 07:32 PM
no way he folds the flop, hes check calling

and then hes pot stuck in his tilting mind