PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 JJ bottom set. Any way you're getting away?

ryanghall
08-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Empire 400NL full ring.

Shortstack (25/2/2) has $130, Villain (25/6/2.5) has $343, I have them covered. The very last hand, Villain raised to $15 after 1 limper and he had QQ.

I get J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP

Shortstack calls, 2 folds, Villain raises to $15. I call. 2 folds, 1 call, 2 folds, Shortstack calls.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Shortstack checks, Villain bets $15. I raise to $80. One fold and Shorstack pushes for $114. Villain calls (he can't raise as the push isn't enough).

Do I even bother continuing with the hand at this point? Surely AK/AA knows they're beat and wouldn't call the all-in... and I don't think this player would raise KQ/KJ in MP after 1 limp.

Anyway, I call as well (I can't raise either).

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain checks, I put Villain all-in for $213.

Looks routine but think about it. Does Villain have anything but KK/QQ here?

Ryan

Ghazban
08-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Villain can legally raise here even though you can't as his last action was the $15 bet, which was followed by your raise and the all-in reraise. I don't know if Empire's software will allow him to but he should be able to.

amoeba
08-07-2005, 11:46 AM
so if you think you are behind by the turn, why do you put him in?

ryanghall
08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I guess at the time, since there was already almost $400 in the pot, I figured if I was going to play, I should bet all-in.

At the time, I figured I was best but the more I think about it, the more I should have been sure I wasn't best.

PS when are you going to come and chat with us? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ryan

ryanghall
08-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I apologize; the Villain could have raised there.

Hmm, even more reason to think I'm behind here.

ryan

amoeba
08-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I'll try to be on tonight.