PDA

View Full Version : Cool hand.....with River information

J_V
03-17-2003, 11:14 PM
A 15-30 (6 player max game) online. Three players in the hand. One guy is from Las Vegas....he's on the button. He's been whining about how his good hands aren't winning saying stuff like A9...no good during the hand and stuff like that. I view him as a player who tries to play well, but isn't a long term winner. I see his as straightforward and predictable. Hmmmmm, just call him a Las Vegas regular....:). He's is starting to tilt, I think (or if I was him, I would be).

The BB is a loose maniacal fish. He is hyper aggressive, but once in a while he plays decently. Today doesn't seem to be one of his better days.

Button open-raises. Definitely not a pure steal. I three-bet AA in the small blind. Big blind cold calls.

I thought about cold calling the button's raise Mason-style to let the BB in....but I expected this guy to call the three bet. That sort of gives you an indication of how much I value his cold call. Button caps. All call.

We see the flop with 12 sbs in the pot. Flop comes J-9-3. No flush draw.

I bet....BB auto raises. Button auto re-raises. I cap. All call. Turn is a 10.

Now this card blows. KQ for the BB is not out of the question, neither is of course two pair.

I bet...BB auto raises. Button cold-calls. I call. I really believed I was beat at this point, far from sure however and I was prepared to call turn and the river.

River pairs the 9. Final board: J-9-3-10-9.

By the way, the button either has AJ or QQ or KK. Really not much else IMO.

I check, the BB bets. The button ponders and says....."QQ no good" and calls. I believe him. What should I do? Results to follow.

SoBeDude
03-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Well, you said BB was a loose-maniacial fish, and today isn't one of his better days. He could have anything, right?

And with so many bets in the pot even if you think he has a hand isn't a crying call here correct?

I think its a clear call. Unless you think he's come this far with a lousy hand, then perhaps a C/R is good?

-Scott