PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Paralysis - Stars $100

Shorty35
08-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I susally dont find myself in this situation, but here i am...

For the past 4 or 5 orbits, the short stack has been folding literally everything and I have been stuck at a distant third. I have been constant at 3X his stack. I have stolen his BB exactly twice, but have given that back when BB has consistently raised my SB completes. Either or both of the big stacks has open raised every hand.

Q1: I am UTG and find A3s, SB can survive for 4 more hands without doubling up; I am at approx 8X BB. Should I push?

Q2: Assume I fold above, Shorty doubles up when his K4 dominates big stack's KQ, and now has about 2.5X the BB, then this hand; push or fold?

PokerStars Game #2279862717: Tournament #10990835, Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2005/08/06 - 22:33:57 (ET)
Table '10990835 1' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: royaljohn (8418 in chips)
Seat 2: TallThinMan (820 in chips)
Seat 3: Box Kicker (3882 in chips)
Seat 8: sherbrooke (380 in chips)
royaljohn: posts the ante 25
TallThinMan: posts the ante 25
Box Kicker: posts the ante 25
sherbrooke: posts the ante 25
royaljohn: posts small blind 100
TallThinMan: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TallThinMan [Ac Kc]
Box Kicker: raises 450 to 650
sherbrooke: folds
royaljohn: folds
TallThinMan: ?

gumpzilla
08-07-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have stolen his BB exactly twice, but have given that back when BB has consistently raised my SB completes. Either or both of the big stacks has open raised every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then stop completing the SB into him and folding! Fold or raise. When you still have an appreciable number of BB's, try a resteal on one of the big stacks, perhaps.

[ QUOTE ]
Q1: I am UTG and find A3s, SB can survive for 4 more hands without doubling up; I am at approx 8X BB. Should I push?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little iffy, I probably wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Q2: Assume I fold above, Shorty doubles up when his K4 dominates big stack's KQ, and now has about 2.5X the BB, then this hand; push or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your money in on this one. Folding in this and your next blind leaves you in a position where if the shorty happens to double up in his big blind, the fortunes have now changed, you have zero folding equity and are at the mercy of the cards. It doesn't really matter if you push now or stop and go, the big stack isn't folding either way, since you'll only have 170 to bet postflop.