PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll Requirements over Several Tables

Sciolist
08-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Something I'm not certain on is bankroll requirements when playing several tables. How does this affect it? I have heard arguments for every stance - reducing, increasing, no effect.

By increasing the number of tables, obviously you have more in play (more relevant to NL I suppose), but your variance isn't neccessarily increased. How does the mathematics of this work? What kind of bankroll should I consider whilst playing 3x $200 NL tables? How about for 4x 1/2 Limit tables?

Any advice welcome.

pzhon
08-07-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Something I'm not certain on is bankroll requirements when playing several tables. How does this affect it? I have heard arguments for every stance - reducing, increasing, no effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, did you read those arguments and determine which ones are relevant/right? It sounds like you just want people to repeat those arguments.

Sciolist
08-07-2005, 06:59 AM
I was hoping someone would suggest what they think the right answer is...

SNOWBALL138
08-07-2005, 07:32 AM
your bankroll requirements are determined by 3 things. Your risk tolerance, your winrate, and your standard deviation. If increasing the amount of tables you play negatively affect these things, then you need a larger bankroll.

I would try to have about 800 dollars to play 1/2 limit hold em. If you have less, you can try to build up to 800 dollars playing 1/2, but be ready to switch down to .5/1 if necessary.

XXXNoahXXX
08-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Playing 8 tables for 1 hour or 1 table for 8 hours is the same thing, so no need for an increased bankroll. As stated, however, if you're winrate takes a big hit due to increased tables then you have another issue to reevaluate.