PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

woodguy
08-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Stars $11 Rebuy

~1500 runners, 17 left

I have 11BB's in the BB.

MP (has me covered, (~17BB's) minraises

TheTimeIsUP in MP (chipleader, lots of chips) calls.

I have T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif getting 5.5-1 I call.

Flop comes QJx with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I push.

Comments?

Regards,
Woodguy

TomHimself
08-07-2005, 05:04 AM
I watched that hand and actually thought you were semi-bluffing, but I really don't know how else you can play it. I guess the only other thing is to check and see how the action goes. If I remmber you didn't have a deep enough stack to make a meaningful check-raise so you probaly played it the best you could

Crispy
08-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Hey woodss. I am conflicted between pushing and c/r all in. If I were MP villan I am calling you down with any Q, maybe not J with Time still left to act. What you mgiht want to do is set up a sqeeze play, assuming MP bets and Time hopefully calls you C/R all in. Even if Time doesnt call get all ur chips in then.

ekky
08-07-2005, 05:18 AM
id check.. let MP bet.. hope TimeisUP calls.. and then jam it in and try to get two callers.

You obviously need to improve to win, so you might as well do all you can to get it vs 2 people.

Also, if you check.. MP bets.. TimeisUP mite go all in.. then you have more dead money in the pot when you call (assuming origional raiser gets out the way)

Lastly.. if you check and it gets checked around.... thats no bad thing either.

Id try and encourage overcalls/dead money as much as possible in this situation.

woodguy
08-07-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id try and encourage overcalls/dead money as much as possible in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that thinking.

So if MP bets and Time raises, do you still think your flush outs are good?

I'm a 2-1 dog to imiprove, might as well get more $$ in there if I'm playing the hand.

Thanks,
Woodguy

SoBeDude
08-07-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that thinking.

So if MP bets and Time raises, do you still think your flush outs are good?

I'm a 2-1 dog to imiprove, might as well get more $$ in there if I'm playing the hand.

Thanks,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I'm really torn here.

I like a push here, as it does somewhat improve your chances of winning the hand.

But on the other hand, I also like the gamble. if you can get them both to put money in against your draw, the play is +EV for sure. you'll bust out more often, but you get more chips when you hit, putting yourself in a better spot to go deep.

So after typing all this, I think I like the check-push.

-Scott

woodguy
08-07-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow I'm really torn here.

I like a push here, as it does somewhat improve your chances of winning the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my "default" thought too, hoping for *some* fold equity.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure how much fold equity I actually had, with 2 opponents on a draw heavy board....

So if I'm going to play, might as well get as much chips in the middle as I can.

Against 1 opponent, or two with a more ragged board, I think the push is right, but its close.

Regards,
Woodguy

Che
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
might as well get more $$ in there if I'm playing the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This ignores the fact that a large portion of the value in a semi-bluff is the FE. With the pot already above 1/2 your remaining stack, pushing should be +EV.

Playing a 3-way all-in may be more +EV than pushing, but maybe not.

Since checking doesn't *guarantee* a 3-way all-in, but it does pretty much eliminate your FE (since TheTimeIsUp is checking behind about 1 time in 7 million), I think pushing is best.

Later,
Che