PDA

View Full Version : Biggest pots - which hands take them?

08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Dear all,
Out of curiosity, what hands are your biggest winners?
Which hands do you consider to hold most potential for winning big pots?

For me so far, it is J4s (from the small blind) which has taken down some monsters vs AJ and KJ when the board was gentle to me.

Cheers,
jaxz

rikz
08-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure this poll makes a lot of sense. AA/KK are my biggest money makers, but most of the huge pots with those hands were when 2 or 3 players were all in with me preflop and my AA or KK held up to the river.

By far, my biggest money winner by final hand ranking is three of a kind. So, as a category, all pairs that make sets are my biggest money makers, especially medium and small pairs versus a tight preflop raiser who just can't let go of an overpair.

The single biggest pot I played was a complete fluke, like yours, from the SB with K6s where I flopped a flush draw with a pair of Kings. I made a pot sized bet as a semi-bluff into a field of 3 others. The action proceeded from there in such a way that I was getting proper odds to get all my chips into a huge 4-way pot. I ended up hitting the flush, one villain's set did not improve, another's TPWK did not improve, and another's two pair did not improve either. But that was a freak that really doesn't mean anything. I could have had 27s and that particular hand and it would have played out the same way - but 27s is still a bad hand.

TexArcher
08-07-2005, 01:02 PM
There's no way to really answer this poll without wanting to qualify the answer. I said suited connectors (and would've said small pairs as well, if allowed more than one vote) because the question was in regard to big pots.

I have a higher win rate with AA, KK, AK, etc, but I bring in more monster pots on suited connectors that hit a straight or flush, or pairs that flop a set.