PDA

View Full Version : A very typical hand being a true demonstration of implied odds in PLO

Acesover8s
08-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Everyone involved has 100x stacks.

1/2 the table limps to me, I raise almost the full pot out of the BB with 89JQ w/ spades. 2 callers, and the button raises the full pot. I call, and 1 of the limpers calls.

Flop is QQ5 with 2 diamonds. It goes check, bet, push, call, discuss.

mshalen
08-07-2005, 06:46 AM
First let me make sure I understand who did what. After the flop you checked, the limper bet and then the button (limp then re-raiser) pushed.

The only thing that scares me is the limper- he could have anything. The button - given the limp then re-raise before the flop and the push now - probably has AAxxds. I can't imagine the button would have bet in that manner with 55xx maybe with AA55ds but then I feel like I looking for monsters under the bed.

Sorry about this post it is Sunday morning at 6am and I am a little foggy.

webmonarch
08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
FWIW, I have found in my limited time in Omaha that anything less than stone cold nuts or some appropriate odds call is not worht a push.

In this case, I think you're almost certainly behind in one of two ways. Your villain has the other Q, or he flopped the 555, or maybe some crazy stuff like Q5.

OR, and probably more likely here, is that he's on the diamond draw (maybe with a Q), and he thinks he has the appropriate odds. The pot is pretty big when the push happens, but it probably isn't big enough for a flush draw, if I did my math correctly.

Will we see the results?

Huskiez
08-08-2005, 02:09 AM
My take is that you put button on AAxx. Limper could have a queen, but easily could not. It's unlikely button has a Q, and a paired flop is usually good for AA.

Button therefore pushed because he felt he had gotten enough in preflop that he is pot committed to this flop. Even if you are outkicked, you have some nut outs by filling up. Thus you called.

That's my reasoning behind this action.

RickyG
08-08-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It goes check, bet, push, call, discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very confusing...Please try to post hands more clearly in the future.

If it went, Limper checks, you bet, Button Pushes, Limper Calls... Without any player specific reads i think button has AA and is overplaying, and limper has QXXX, but you have outs, and in a three way push your 9 outs should be enough ti call as you are putting in less than a third of the pot. with a PE of around 36% (if your outs are clean).

If the limper folded and you called, I think you played correctly.

my 0.02.