PDA

View Full Version : Alexander

Diplomat
08-07-2005, 03:29 AM
For some reason I couldn't find anything else in the video store and rented this. I heard it was good. I was wrong.

This movie is probably the worst movie I've seen in 3-5 years.

Discuss.

-Diplomat

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-07-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was good.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard wrong.

technologic
08-07-2005, 04:22 AM
there was a reason i didn't get a chance to watch it in theaters...

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I couldn't find anything else in the video store and rented this. I heard it was good. I was wrong.

Discuss.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to make a near identical post.

[censored]
08-07-2005, 12:00 PM
terrible, terrible movie

Alobar
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've NEVER heard anyone say that. I would try and remember who told you that, and then never talk to them again.

GrandmaStabone
08-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I rented this last night DESPITE the rumors. I am very interested in alexander the great and his story/legacy is one of the greatest in history. I thought it might appeal to me despite its shortcomings. OMFG this movie is HOooooorible! I'll let others elaborate on it's many flaws but I do want to mention the costumes....

WTF IS UP WITH THOSE COSTUMES!!!??? This is an OLIVER STONE epic of on of the greatest icons in history and it literally looks like they rented the costumes from my old high school.

trying2learn
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
wow - i can't believe this movie is THAT bad.

almost makes me want to watch it for the trainwreck aspect of it...but i suppose i'll pass if it's as awful as everyone says.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird, cuz I've never read or heard anything about this movie besides it sucking.

Alobar
08-07-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

almost makes me want to watch it for the trainwreck aspect of it...but i suppose i'll pass if it's as awful as everyone says.

[/ QUOTE ]

its over a three hour LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG train wreck. Its not worth it even for that aspect.

Diplomat
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was good.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed I did.

-Diplomat

peachy
08-07-2005, 06:43 PM
i heard awful stuff about it but didnt think it was THAT horrid...but it wasnt good....jolie looked very very hot in it though

Diplomat
08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard it was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird, cuz I've never read or heard anything about this movie besides it sucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's what prevented me from seeing it in theatres. But I was bored and the chick in the video store said it wasn't bad, comparing it to Braveheart and Gladiator, just not quite as good. Being in the mood for that sort of thing, I took a gamble. Who knew I was drawing dead.

-Diplomat

Diplomat
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its over a three hour LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG train wreck. Its not worth it even for that aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was cooking while watching it, so I was too busy to just shut it off, figuring it would run it's course within an hour and a half. Then I was prompted to insert the next disc. WTF.

-Diplomat

TheCroShow
08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
i liked it, the action sequences were cool...the horse vs. elephant stuff?? THAT WAS DOPE

wouldn't recommend this to everyone i know, but i enjoyed this movie

Benal
08-07-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually still rent movies?

Maulik
08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh Netflix is more convienant than getting off my fat arse.

Maulik
08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i heard awful stuff about it but didnt think it was THAT horrid...but it wasnt good....jolie looked very very hot in it though

[/ QUOTE ]

is there any reason to expect otherwise?

Benal
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh Netflix is more convienant than getting off my fat arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not rented any movie, netflix or otherwise, since VOD has been available in my area.

DavidC
08-08-2005, 02:39 AM
I think my mom/sister rented it and I saw the last 5 minutes or something.

I don't watch much t.v.

Anyways, glad I didn't see the rest of it.

ChicagoTroy
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Rosario Dawson is unspeakably hot.

jakethebake
08-08-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rosario Dawson is unspeakably hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that her? I thought it may have been, but then changed my mind. If it was, then I agree. She should do more topless, rough sex scenes.

Dominic
08-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Rosario's titties are gi-normous.

that's all i remember of this movie.

maxfisher
08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]
i walked out on it about 45 minutes in, sometimes in life one must chop of the arm to save the body