View Full Version : MMORPG Dating

EliteNinja
08-07-2005, 02:48 AM
This (http://www.mmodating.com/) site.
Insane in the membrane.

Turkish
08-07-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play many games, but I make a point of playing what I do play well. In other words, I own you at life and Warcraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

chuddo
08-07-2005, 03:28 AM
i clicked 'who's online' and found this guy:
http://www.mmodating.com/photos/B001899_1.jpg

what is he looking for? take it away big guy:
"The fire, at morning, when sun's rays sweep across the
sky, Engenders a vision of passion in your face... and
love... for which I'd die My hearts, hearts, hearts
desire is merely to gaze upon your lovely form, As
morning's winds and morning's fire awake in me... love's
thunderstorm Where are you now? "

EliteNinja
08-07-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i clicked 'who's online' and found this guy:
http://www.mmodating.com/photos/B001899_1.jpg

what is he looking for? take it away big guy:
"The fire, at morning, when sun's rays sweep across the
sky, Engenders a vision of passion in your face... and
love... for which I'd die My hearts, hearts, hearts
desire is merely to gaze upon your lovely form, As
morning's winds and morning's fire awake in me... love's
thunderstorm Where are you now? "

[/ QUOTE ]

ewwww
There are actually some hotties in there.

Lawrence Ng
08-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Insane in the brain...

Dear lvl 35 Night Elf Druid,

I am a lvl 22 Tauren Shaman. It's nice to meet you. I've noticed that you are currently in the midst of performing a lvl 20 Seeds of Regeneration Aura spell. I think we should group up and lvl together with my lvl 22 Penis of the Infinite. If you are interested, PST.

Yours truly

HorneyHaxxor.

Luzion
08-07-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Insane in the brain...

Dear lvl 35 Night Elf Druid,

I am a lvl 22 Tauren Shaman. It's nice to meet you. I've noticed that you are currently in the midst of performing a lvl 20 Seeds of Regeneration Aura spell. I think we should group up and lvl together with my lvl 22 Penis of the Infinite. If you are interested, PST.

Yours truly

HorneyHaxxor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someones been playing a bit of Warcraft huh?

BusterStacks
08-07-2005, 11:30 AM
un...real.

MarkL444
08-07-2005, 01:10 PM
so weird (http://www.mmodating.com/index.php?page=gallery&id=54)

billyjex
08-07-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that girl needs some sun!

my favorite hottie:

http://www.mmodating.com/photos/K000710_1.jpg

Alobar
08-07-2005, 02:26 PM
My friend in college once refused to go out drinking with us on a friday night because he had to take part in an ultima online wedding.

EliteNinja
08-07-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl is not as bad (fat) as I would have imagined a gamer who needs loving attention.

Lawrence Ng
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This girl is not as bad (fat) as I would have imagined a gamer who needs loving attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro, I still don't understand how guys can meet girls in an mmo setting. I mean, I set up a female toon in DAoC and WoW and I get these msgs from guys who think I'm a girl in RL. I can only imagine that if really was a RL girl behind the monitor how turned off they must be to get all these annoying PST's.

Lawrence

DasLeben
08-07-2005, 06:40 PM
http://www.mmodating.com/index.php?page=view_profile&id=116

I call this one!

peachy
08-07-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend in college once refused to go out drinking with us on a friday night because he had to take part in an ultima online wedding.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....is all i can say

Blarg
08-08-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are real even when they're on the internet. We're not all just someone's imagination.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping a promise to someone you made on the internet. Quite the contrary.

Now, if you make so many promises they take over your life or something, that's another thing. I hate online weddings, but then again, going out drinking isn't exactly the thrill of a lifetime, either. Certainly nothing worth letting anyone down for. Online weddings are boring as hell and have a little of the stupid about them, in my eyes anyway, but ... eh, it's just one day. If you say you're going to do something or be somewhere and are willing to blow it off just to go drinking -- which is not much different than blowing it off to do basically ANYTHING at all -- then you've got to give your word more sparingly, so it still means something more than nothing.

Blarg
08-08-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.mmodating.com/index.php?page=view_profile&id=116

I call this one!

[/ QUOTE ]

I clicked to get a laugh at a picture of some drooling horror, and was surprised to see it was a very cute young girl. What's she lying on, a hammock or something?

Alobar
08-08-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are real even when they're on the internet. We're not all just someone's imagination.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping a promise to someone you made on the internet. Quite the contrary.

Now, if you make so many promises they take over your life or something, that's another thing. I hate online weddings, but then again, going out drinking isn't exactly the thrill of a lifetime, either. Certainly nothing worth letting anyone down for. Online weddings are boring as hell and have a little of the stupid about them, in my eyes anyway, but ... eh, it's just one day. If you say you're going to do something or be somewhere and are willing to blow it off just to go drinking -- which is not much different than blowing it off to do basically ANYTHING at all -- then you've got to give your word more sparingly, so it still means something more than nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, when you would rather sit on the internet on a friday night and take part in an an MMORPG wedding (not many things lamer than an online wedding, bTW) instead of going out with friends in real life, and socially interacting with real people...then yeah, youve got problems.

Lawrence Ng
08-08-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, when you would rather sit on the internet on a friday night and take part in an an MMORPG wedding (not many things lamer than an online wedding, bTW) instead of going out with friends in real life, and socially interacting with real people...then yeah, youve got problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Blarg stated his point quite well. People just have to weigh what is more important to them and part of that importance is respect for other people (either in close promixity or over the Net).

Lawrence

Alobar
08-08-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Blarg stated his point quite well. People just have to weigh what is more important to them and part of that importance is respect for other people (either in close promixity or over the Net).

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not saying he shouldnt have kept a promise to be there....tho I doubt there ever was any promise made. He just wanted to be there. And thats the problem. When you start to sacrifice real life and real relationships for online life, you have a problem.

the original point of my post BTW, was to illistrate that there it gets much lamer than just "Dating" in the MMORPG world, that they actually have weddings and stuff. Not to point out the lameness of my friend.

EliteNinja
08-08-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Where in Van do you live? I bet you we're friends of friends.

Blarg
08-08-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. For me, my word is my bond, even if the promise made is pretty stupid.

Your word is all you have and all you're really worth. If you show people your word means nothing, you show 'em you yourself are worth nothing. And then you have to live with being treated accordingly. I'd rather have being treated as I deserve be a really great thing than be my worst nightmare.

To tell you the truth, I really like the effects of being instantly trusted and having the full confidence of my friends every time. It sure beats having everybody bust up laughing when you go, "I swear to God, guys!" like I've seen with a lot of other people. Once your word is sh**, it's pretty much sh** forever and you can't get it back.

And maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but going out drinking doesn't strike me as a big highlight in life anyway, much less an irreplaceable one. I've seen bars, and I've seen beers.

Now, if you said, going out drinking on a friend's sailboat, especially with some hotties along, or going out drinking at a ski lodge where we can go skiing tomorrow, now you're talking!

Lawrence Ng
08-08-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. Where in Van do you live? I bet you we're friends of friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the guy in the cardroom who always wears a San Jose Sharks cap on the side looking like some pimp wannabee. I'm dressed in dirty shorts/pants and a sweatshirt that is too big/old and dirty. In short I look like a bumb in the cardroom. You can't miss me if you play at the River Rock.

PS: Don't confuse me with Jake though, he dresses like a bum too, but he's white and I'm Chinese.

Lawrence

oneeye13
08-08-2005, 03:49 PM
trolling?