PDA

View Full Version : Big draw turns into a weak fold?

Zapper
08-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm fairly new to the table therefore I don't have any big reads on my opponents.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,CO calls, BB checks.

Just to make sure, standard complete yes?

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, CO calls

BINGO! Big draw, but alot of people ahead of me. I decide that I should pump the pot with my draw. However, I didn't produce alot of action.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB Bets, CO raises.

Couldn't pick a worse turn card..
I don't want to bet out since I know a king will raise me so I decide to just check call. Now when it's two back to me it's an easy fold correct?

Final Pot:

P.S. The convertor isn't working properly so I had to edit most of the information myself.

mscags
08-07-2005, 01:04 AM
By my math, you aren't getting correct odds to call, so unless you think you're implied odds are very high, it is a fold, not to mention if someone has a FH you are scrwed.

college_boy
08-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah I don't think you can call here.

joker122
08-07-2005, 03:52 AM
anyone else lead this turn?

me454555
08-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Why is the K pairing a bad card? Who says one of the callers has to have a K? They could very well have a worse pair. Bet the turn and you might get them thinking that you have a K. They might fold better hands. If you get poopped, you still have the odds to draw.

pshabi
08-07-2005, 11:54 AM
I agree.

Board pairing = good.

Bet and anyone without a King is sweating.

Poldi
08-07-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is the K pairing a bad card? Who says one of the callers has to have a K? They could very well have a worse pair. Bet the turn and you might get them thinking that you have a K. They might fold better hands. If you get poopped, you still have the odds to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]