PDA

View Full Version : On the Bubble SnG situation

08-07-2005, 12:33 AM
4 people left in a single table SnG. I am dealt A5s in 1st position and have about average chips (2300). Villian is a mediocre to average player, not too aggressive not too passive. He is the loosest person on the table right now. Big blind is 200. I come in for 600. He calls, making the pot 1300, and leaving me with about 1700.

Flop is A67. he checks, I bet 700. He puts me all in for about 1000 more.

What is your opinion on what I should do here?

XXXNoahXXX
08-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Abandon ship while you can still float.

08-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, it turns out I called, and he had KK... I still am questioning whether that was the right play though...

lastchance
08-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Man... How many chips do the people have behind you? Even if you have more than 10x BB, this can be a spot where push/fold is a good idea, especially on the bubble.

Considering you raised to t600, I would immediately move all-in for the entire t1200, which represents over 50% of your stack.

You simply cannot fold here.

Nottom
08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Considering you raised to t600, I would immediately move all-in for the entire t1200, which represents over 50% of your stack.

You simply cannot fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually dkind of like a check here. Its very unlikely he has a draw so you are really only worried about a miracle 2-outer hitting the turn. You are losing to an A no matter what (unless you get lucky) but he might take a stab with a pocket pair, or pay off on the turn when you bet your Ace thinking his pair is good.

Scuba Chuck
08-07-2005, 01:28 PM
FWIW, with these smallish blinds, and your healthy stack, folding preflop isn't a bad option either.

The guy with KK played this horribly.

Anyway, the way you played it, once you hit your ace (which is what you'd be looking for), I think you're committed... which is real yucky.

chisness
08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
nottom,

imo we'd rather take the pot down as soon as possible on the bubble instead of risking a few hundred more chips or a complete tournament loss

especially when he's loose, the turn could give him some weird draw that he'd call everything off for

45suited
08-07-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, with these smallish blinds, and your healthy stack, folding preflop isn't a bad option either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would have done. UTG with 12BB and A5s, I'll let this one go.

LotsOfOuts69
08-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Fold Pre-flop

AlphaN3rd
08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold Pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

GimmeDaWatch
08-07-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold Pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya this is kinda close. If the table is pretty tight, I think its fine to go for a steal, but as you said the BB is the loosest guy at the table, Im probably not gonna bother. The problem is that any bet by you on the flop either leaves you committed or has your stack in desperate shape if you fold. As it played out, you're behind here a very good % of the time I think, but the blinds and stack sizes being what they are getting away from top pair just aint gonna happen. I dont hate villain's preflop smooth call (although I would generally just shove it in preflop) but he obviously just got pissed off about the ace flopping and lost his head. Obviously, theres not alot of wiggle room to make laydowns and whatnot at this level, which makes small aces a little less desirable in my opinion.