View Full Version : Shortstacked donk complicates my AA

ajmargarine
08-06-2005, 11:23 PM
.50/$1 NLHE Full Table

Relevent stacks:
Donk ($50)
Hero ($98)
Villian ($150)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $.50.
UTG (Donk) calls $1, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Villian calls $4.50, 5 folds, Donk calls.

Usually I would make my PFR a bit more. There are some decent players behind me, so I chose a funky amount to maybe alert them that I was trying to isolate the donk with a raise, and maybe get a caller.

Donk bought in for $25, lost it and reloaded in the last 10 minutes. His last rebuy he doubled up to his current stack. He doesn't play a shortstack system. Just a scared money, chasing draws, bad player. Villian is a pretty solid, unspectacular, average player.

Flop: ($14.25) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Donk checks, Hero bets $10, Villian raises to $25, Donk pushes all in for $45, Hero ??

I suspect Villian has AK or Kx, and is raising me to pick off a possible continuation bet and drive the donk out of the hand. I'm pretty sure he would have raised KK preflop, but that hand is *slightly* possible here. Donk could have anything from a K, two clubs, 5x, or I wouldn't put it past him to be pushing because he thinks it would get us to both fold.

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

imported_anacardo
08-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Reraise-push looks pretty good here.

stu-unger
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM
pushing here is my default line.

the only thing that may stop me from doing this is there is a good chance villain would call PFR with a 5 (56s/45s/57s) in this spot. Plus if i think that i will get a push called by the villain with AK enough to make is +EV.

pokerjoker
08-07-2005, 12:27 AM
push push push push push

ajmargarine
08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
push push push push push

[/ QUOTE ]

If I push I lose villian, who I suspect has AK.

imported_anacardo
08-07-2005, 12:55 AM
If you're quite certain that A) Villain has AK and that B) he'll fold to a push, then I suppose you might as well call and lead a non-K turn 2/3 or 3/4 or so.

Malachii
08-07-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're quite certain that A) Villain has AK and that B) he'll fold to a push, then I suppose you might as well call and lead a non-K turn 2/3 or 3/4 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

There we go. I like how Anacardo thinks.

Raydain
08-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Don't know why you wouldn't just call here. There are only a couple of scare cards that come off on the turn. You want villian to follow you in on this pot. Your goal is to get as much of Villian's money in as possible, not to protect your hand.

What would be the purpose of pushing all-in right away?

ajmargarine
08-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Well, the hand actually ended up playing itself. I decided to call. Partly because my time bank was running out because I was overthinking it, and partly because I thought it was the best move. Then the villian who I thought was a solid player, bloody minraised me. What the heck? I get all my chips in the middle and he calls, and somehow I scoop the pot, despite a club turn. Villian had AK, Donk didn't show.