PDA

View Full Version : Another "help me pick a movie" thread

BigD226
08-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Inspired by the "help me pick a rental" post...

I'm sick as a dog tonight so I'm staying in, but not feeling like going to sleep yet...help me pick a pay-per-view movie to watch? I've narrowed it down to these:

Assault on Precinct 13
Be Cool
Closer
Hotel Rwanda
In Good Company
Kinsey
Meet the Fockers
National Treasure

I know...not the greatest choices, but that's what I have to work with. Fire away...

gorie
08-06-2005, 11:25 PM
i've never seen it, but everyone is going to say hotel rwanda, because that is usually the answer to these posts.

enjoy the movie!

Buckmulligan
08-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Assault [censored] rocks dude.

GrandmaStabone
08-06-2005, 11:30 PM
The movies on your list I can personally attest to are as follows:

Be Cool - Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Hotel Rwanda - Fantastic movie.

Kinsey - Good

Meet the Fockers - I was disappointed, but it is worth watching.

National treasure - Good

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assault [censored] rocks dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was pretty cool. I assume this is the new one. I haven't seen the original.

4thstreetpete
08-06-2005, 11:36 PM
National treasure is a snore fest. Go with Hotel Rwanda or Assault on precinct 13. This movie rocks!

GrandmaStabone
08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
yes I should mention that I am a mason and therefore was interested in national treasure largely for personal reasons.

BoxTree
08-06-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Inspired by the "help me pick a rental" post...

I'm sick as a dog tonight so I'm staying in, but not feeling like going to sleep yet...help me pick a pay-per-view movie to watch? I've narrowed it down to these:

Assault on Precinct 13
Be Cool
Closer
Hotel Rwanda
In Good Company
Kinsey
Meet the Fockers
National Treasure

I know...not the greatest choices, but that's what I have to work with. Fire away...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're sick, just go with Meet the Fockers if you like Ben Stiller's type of humor. Or Deniro's. Or Streisand's. Or Hoffman's.

Hotel Rwanda and Kinsey are probably too visceral/thought-provoking to truly enjoy if you're sick.

National Treasure is fun if you like Nick Cage. No, it's not nearly as good as Indiana Jones, but it's still a fun movie.

Rogue5
08-07-2005, 12:18 AM
yeah, assault was pretty cool.
closer just kind of sucked... (and I'm pretty close to stalking Natalie portman, so that's saying a lot... )

haven't seen any of the others... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bigdaddydvo
08-07-2005, 12:19 AM
National Treasure should do you just fine.

-Skeme-
08-07-2005, 01:26 AM
I didn't think Hotel Rwanda was as good as everyone said. Batman Begins is very overrated, too. It's listed in the top 250 on IMDB, which is just ridiculous.

imported_anacardo
08-07-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think Hotel Rwanda was as good as everyone said. Batman Begins is very overrated, too. It's listed in the top 250 on IMDB, which is just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMDB has a strong tendency to overrate recent releases, as I'm sure you well know.

Remember when "Amelie" was like #3?

-Skeme-
08-07-2005, 01:38 AM
True, I expected it to be -250 already, though. Amelie is like 68 or something now. I liked that movie. Batman sucked.

ChipWrecked
08-07-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
National treasure is a snore fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I actually stayed awake on a flight to finish this. Rare for me. Not that it's any great shakes, just a popcorner.

Brainwalter
08-07-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Batman sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Brainwalter
08-07-2005, 02:38 AM
watch Unforgiven.

-Skeme-
08-07-2005, 02:41 AM
It wasn't a very good movie. Mildly entertaining. That's it. I tend to rate movies lower than I normally would've when they're so overhyped.