PDA

View Full Version : A How much to bet hand on the river against punketty

fsuplayer
08-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Party 2k NL 6-7 handed

punketty makes it 55, which he does all the time in LP, i call in BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB calls.

flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i lead 150 or so, bb folds, punketty calls.

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet 350, he calls.

river: 5
/images/graemlins/spade.gif

we both have 1400ish left. thoughts on a bet size?

thanks,

fsuplayer

BluffTHIS!
08-06-2005, 11:03 PM
My thought is that once his railbird buddy reads this thread and relays it, he'll read you like your cards are face up next time.

fsuplayer
08-06-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 2k NL 6-7 handed

punketty makes it 55, which he does all the time in LP, i call in BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB calls.

flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i lead 150 or so, bb folds, punketty calls.

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet 350, he calls.

river: 5
/images/graemlins/spade.gif

we both have 1400ish left. thoughts on a bet size?

thanks,

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont play against him much, and when I do, I really mixed up my play, maybe too much, so im not too worried.

BluffTHIS!
08-06-2005, 11:43 PM
By my previous post you know I am just again making the point that it's bad and -EV to discuss specific loose players in these forums. But in general, with any aggressive player, since you are probably willing to go to the felt with this hand if necessary and pray he's not full, you want to bet a smaller amount that looks like a blocking bet and is not too large that it can't get called by worse hands, but also that gives him leeway to playback with a worse hand and thus induce a bluff and gain even more when you are not in fact beat.

Mike Gallo
08-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I like a bet anywhere between $475-$600. Hopefully this will induce him to raise with a hand that contains an Ace a six or any two diamonds.

fsuplayer
08-06-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By my previous post you know I am just again making the point that it's bad and -EV to discuss specific loose players in these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not what you said in your previous post.

I never said he was loose (which he is), or bad (which post flop, he isnt at all.)

he is one of the best known players from the 1k, and now 2k party games, and his style of play is not run of the mill.

pretty much all the top players in here who play party have played against him, thus the name-dropping.

AJo Go All In
08-07-2005, 12:16 AM
?

deadmoney98
08-07-2005, 12:28 AM
I think this might be a decent spot for a river check-raise. I think this could work for a number of reasons, most notably your opponent is known to be very aggressive, and checking could indicate to him that you are afraid of the straight allowing him to represent it or value bet. Anyone agree/disagree?

hit_the_set
08-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Did you win the hand? I have seen him raise with hands like 23,35 from late position. Wouldnt be surprised if he flopped a boat. Freaky...

Yeti
08-07-2005, 07:11 AM
I would check a lot of the time here.