PDA

View Full Version : Vegas - Mar 19-23 & Mirage/Bellagio tourney questions

ohkanada
03-17-2003, 03:58 PM
I am off to Vegas on Wednesday afternoon and will be there until Sunday. Most of the time I will be playing tournies/live play and/or watching the NCAA games.

I was wondering if the Mirage/Bellagio players have any idea how many players typically play in the $120+100 NL at the Mirage on Thursday or the $500 NL at the Bellagio on Friday. I plan to play the Mirage tourney but I am still deciding on the Bellagio one.

Ken Poklitar

ohkanada
03-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Oh well, I guess no one has been in those 2 rooms while the tournies are going on.

Ken Poklitar

PokerBabe(aka)
03-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Mirage Thurs nite has about 45-60 and Friday's at B's is typically about the same. Since the Series is coming up, many locals are "practicing" and thus, there may be a little better attendance at both. Also, with March Madness, just about anyone who thinks they know how to play a tournament is entering. You can speak to the shift managers when you arrive tomorrow and they can give you more information. LGPG, good luck and travel safely. Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

ohkanada
03-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info.

"Also, with March Madness, just about anyone who thinks they know how to play a tournament is entering"

Darn, you have me pegged already /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ken Poklitar

ohkanada
03-24-2003, 02:10 PM
For those wondering the Mirage had 80 players for the Thursday NL tournament.

The Bellagio had 47 players for the Friday NL tounament. Andy Ward who occasionally posts on 2+2 ended up in 4th. If I knew he was there I would have played this one.

I posted a trip report on the Brick & Mortar forum.

Ken Poklitar

PokerBabe(aka)
03-24-2003, 09:37 PM

ohkanada
03-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Well of course I met the famous "PokerBabe"!

LGPG

I did put that in my views on vegas post on the B & M forum /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Wardfish
04-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Believe it or not there is another Andy Ward playing poker in England - me.

Shame you didnt make the Bellagio tourney - from what I have read of your previous posts I'm sure you would have done well.

I have justed posted a trip report (my first, and my first post btw) on the Tournament Forum. Any comments greatly appreciated.

ohkanada
04-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah I was close to playing the Bellagio. I decided to play the Orleans Omaha-8 and made the final table and it didn't finish until 6ish.

Ken Poklitar