PDA

View Full Version : Step 5 Bubble Hand

XXXNoahXXX
08-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Party Poker Step Tourney, Step 5...Top 4 spots pay, 6 players remaining.

Blinds 100/200

UTG (300 Chips)
Hero (1450 Chips)
BB (1525 Chips)

Hero dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif in UTG+1

UTG goes all-in for 300 chips, Hero calls, fold, SB fold, BB call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB goes all-in for 1225 Chips, Hero calls all-in for 1115 chips...

I never know how to play these bubble hands, do I bet the flop to push out BB or check it down if he's willing. In this case I was willing to check it down to eliminate the UTG all-in, and I felt like his bet didn't hold much weight and he didn't mind risking pushing out my winning hand if it meant taking down the pot from the UTG. My only problem is that why would he go all-in with a bad hand because if I fold he has no sidepot with me, and UTG wins, UTG gets to stick around and he gets no chips. I'm interested in how you would play this on all streets. Results to follow.

The Don
08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
If you worked your way up from Step 1 you should fold preflop and try to collect your 1200 /images/graemlins/smile.gif Otherwise I would call and bet the flop. I would probably call BB's all in though given your situation.

psyduck
08-06-2005, 10:45 PM
PF: Either push preflop or fold preflop.

Flop: bet 2/3 pot, fold to a push

I think you played this pretty horribly. I don't know what to think of your turn play because I normally wouldn't get there, but all I can think of is to fold the turn UNLESS you know BB is insane. Like you said, there is a dry side pot, and I think he might have turned a 2-pair

XXXNoahXXX
08-06-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF: Either push preflop or fold preflop.

Flop: bet 2/3 pot, fold to a push

I think you played this pretty horribly. I don't know what to think of your turn play because I normally wouldn't get there, but all I can think of is to fold the turn UNLESS you know BB is insane. Like you said, there is a dry side pot, and I think he might have turned a 2-pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Is pushing with KQos a good idea? Why is calling not an option? Do you think 300 is took a big a portion of my stack to just be calling. And when you say fold or push, are you leaning one way or the other?

whynot?
08-06-2005, 11:13 PM
so, i probably play this similar. i definitely would call the all in and also would be willing to check it down. as wimpy as this is i would probably folded the bb all in. i know alot of $s on the line but for the most part folks dont push the bet in that situation unless they hit a hand - the unwritten rule. i put him on two pair or trip 6s and fold although id stress about it for a while

pearljam
08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Is'nt this a pretty standard fold pre flop?

psyduck
08-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah actually this is a fold preflop.

XXXNoahXXX
08-07-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah actually this is a fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know I misplayed it and should have laid it down preflop. Then once I do call, should I be betting the flop? Next time I definitely lay down to the turn bet it reaks of two pair or maybe even a set. Also, I did work my way up the steps, so any cash would be very nice.

PS- When I called he turned over 5 T for two pair....river was another 6 and I counterfeited his 5s, took home the pot and 3rd place.

citanul
08-07-2005, 02:33 AM
could you please try with this hand, and with future ones, to provide anything close to complete information? like what the other 3 stacks have would be great stuff to know.

citanul

XXXNoahXXX
08-07-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
could you please try with this hand, and with future ones, to provide anything close to complete information? like what the other 3 stacks have would be great stuff to know.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Point well taken, I was putting this in from a different computer so I didn't have access to the hand history. I'll do you proud next time!