PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With My iPod Please

-Skeme-
08-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Just bought it. I figured out how to add songs and whatnot, but the locations of folders is really ticking me off. I made a few different playlists for different types of MP3s. For example, I have Playlists acting as folders to certain artists and such, so I don't need to sift through 2000 seperate songs to find them. I'd like seperate folders for each album as well, but if I do these as playlists, they show up in "Playlists" as well as Albums.

Is there any way I can just have the albums show up in the Albums folder and not Playlists, too?

Thanks a lot.

-Skeme-
08-06-2005, 09:46 PM
I fixed it. Thanks anyway.

ThaSaltCracka
08-06-2005, 11:06 PM
use this (http://www.ephpod.com/) with your iPod.

-Skeme-
08-06-2005, 11:49 PM
No thanks.

mmmmmbrother
08-07-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
use this (http://www.ephpod.com/) with your iPod.

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually really good

man
08-07-2005, 03:16 AM
maybe this will become an iPod troubleshooter thread. perhaps.

my problem is that artists show up twice in my iPod after I've entered all tracks by them under the same spelling. (i.e. I've changed ELLIOT SMITH to Elliot Smith; yet I retain Elliot Smith and Elliot Smith as separate titles under my "Artists" list.) it's quite annoying. anyone know what I'm talking about? help? please?

Vince Young
08-07-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

my problem is that artists show up twice in my iPod after I've entered all tracks by them under the same spelling. (i.e. I've changed ELLIOT SMITH to Elliot Smith; yet I retain Elliot Smith and Elliot Smith as separate titles under my "Artists" list.) it's quite annoying. anyone know what I'm talking about? help? please?

[/ QUOTE ]
Make sure there isn't a space after either of them.

-Skeme-
08-07-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the ID3v1 tags. They're like the fingerprint of your MP3. Load the songs into a winamp playlist, right click and go to View File Info. Turn off the ID3v1 tags and they'll all be the same type of file.

cassette
08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you have to do is highlight all the tracks of one artist, right click, get info. Now type in the name of the Artist and it will be the same for all.

TheIrishThug
08-07-2005, 09:54 AM
i get entire albums showing up twice. no clue y it happens. its always random and dif albums every time it happens. right now its emotive by a perfect circle.

cassette
08-07-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i get entire albums showing up twice. no clue y it happens. its always random and dif albums every time it happens. right now its emotive by a perfect circle.

[/ QUOTE ]
The above should still work. Just type in the album name as well. This is probably occuring from downloaded albums, right?

TheIrishThug
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
no, i know its not that cause i'm very anal about my mp3s. also its not like this always happens. the album that is presently showing up twice, i've had it for almost a yr, and now it starts doing it.

cassette
08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I would try purging the whole thing. Set your itunes to auto update and load it all up again.

fluorescenthippo
08-07-2005, 02:48 PM
ipod software blows. that is all