GrandmaStabone
08-06-2005, 09:40 PM
that avatar is hilarious

megantw
08-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks!

siccjay
08-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Megan? Are you hot? Post pics immediatley.

man
08-06-2005, 09:51 PM
OOT POTD

(I don't think it's close.)

touchfaith
08-06-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT POTD

(I don't think it's close.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lame. (or, you haven't seen my Jell-O post)

megantw
08-06-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture link in your post is broken.

man
08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
I don't get it. I also don't get why I'm replying to that post in this thread.

touchfaith
08-06-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture link in your post is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg i hate this internet game! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif fine, i found a new one I like better /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(tks)

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we used to worship you because of your choice in boyfriends. Now we have a new reason to worship you (or in Klepton's case, flirt with you).

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

gorie
08-06-2005, 10:19 PM
GrandmaStabone, your imitation avatar is actually pretty funny because i think that is the actual image i used as a reference the cherry painting in my avatar. hmm. interesting.

sup internet is awesome.

edit: nevermind. mine is the other side of the bowl. wtf.

megantw
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
What's funny is that we hadn't made plans or anything. SFer and I overheard part of his conversation, so I interrupted Diablo's night to introduce myself.

KDawgCometh
08-06-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that avatar, my friend, kicks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

razor
08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Was he dressed in full Lucha Libre regalia or no?

megantw
08-06-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was he dressed in full Lucha Libre regalia or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not tonight.

Subfallen
08-06-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just met El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

So is he devilishly handsome?

megantw
08-06-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just met El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

So is he devilishly handsome?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

megantw
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psh, you told me off when I legitimately attempted to give you advice re: Netflix for your mom. Go away.

siccjay
08-06-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psh, you told me off when I legitimately posted my affiliate link re: Netflix for your mom. Go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAo hold a grudge much? You freaked me out so I had to go search for that thread.

By the way my mommie doesn't go to the video store for me, I buy my DVDs. I'm just tired of her scandalous ass stealing them!

Ok now that all that is resolved, post pics plz.

megantw
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Psh, you told me off when I legitimately attempted to give you advice re: Netflix for your mom. Go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAo hold a grudge much? You freaked me out so I had to go search for that thread.

By the way my mommie doesn't go to the video store for me, I buy my DVDs. I'm just tired of her scandalous ass stealing them!

Ok now that all that is resolved, post pics plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you live with mom, you should try to catch her coming out the shower instead.

(That wasn't an affiliate link. I would have gained nothing. An apology would be nice.)

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's funny is that we hadn't made plans or anything. SFer and I overheard part of his conversation, so I interrupted Diablo's night to introduce myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you catch him at the same restauraunt or something odd? I assume this was a coincidence.

NoOuts
08-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

ekky
08-07-2005, 03:15 AM
I apologise on his behalf. Pics please.

siccjay
08-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Bleh seeing as my house will be closed on sometime this week I guess I won't have many chances.

I'm sorry that you won't post your picture. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

J.A.Sucker
08-07-2005, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:26 AM
1) megan is really cute.

2) sfer is not a complete wastoid, but he's nowhere close to deserving her.

3) I will hang out w/ megan for dinner sometime this week. I don't think sfer will be invited.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear that.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU. I hate you.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you catch him at the same restauraunt or something odd? I assume this was a coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at this joint sfer recommended telling this buddy about why this place is recommended to me. Then this cute chick is like "are you from San Francisco?" I give her a blank stare and then everything spirals downhill from there.

megantw
08-07-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm at this joint sfer recommended telling this buddy about why this place is recommended to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you enjoy your noodles? What did you guys order?

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Was he wearing the hat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/al.jpg

B Dids
08-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Are you so bad with the context clues that you don't realize this is another poster's girlfriend? Kinda low rent.

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm at this joint sfer recommended telling this buddy about why this place is recommended to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second... noodles. Forget about El D, I'm getting excited. What restauraunt? I'm hungry! I love good noodles...

PS: Busted eh Diablo? Happy to hear it was by Megan and Dave /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3) I will hang out w/ megan for dinner sometime this week. I don't think sfer will be invited.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is actually any chance of running into El D again, let us know. We'll all pitch in for a button spycam or something.

megantw
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Wait a second... noodles. Forget about El D, I'm getting excited. What restauraunt? I'm hungry! I love good noodles...

[/ QUOTE ]

Momofuku on 1st between 10 & 11th. Delicious. Start with the steamed pork buns. I haven't had the chilled noodles, but they sound promising.

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Momofuku on 1st between 10 & 11th. Delicious. Start with the steamed pork buns. I haven't had the chilled noodles, but they sound promising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it new? I don't remember it when I lived in the neighborhood (I moved out 1.5 years ago)

megantw
08-07-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is it new? I don't remember it when I lived in the neighborhood (I moved out 1.5 years ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's been around for about eight months. One of the cooks from CraftBar opened it. We saw him there last night.

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's been around for about eight months. One of the cooks from CraftBar opened it. We saw him there last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you two tried the amazing Vietnamese restaurant on Ave C and something like 10th street? Its owned by two Irish guys, the place is named after the chef (Michael Bao... before the restauraunt he was a contractor, I kid you not!). Its very affordable, impossible to get a table, and absolutely fantastic.

Talk2BigSteve
08-07-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was he wearing the hat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/al.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake were you wearing your thong?
http://www.orangeride.com/archives/2003/top15/13.jpg

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

megantw
08-07-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Have you two tried the amazing Vietnamese restaurant on Ave C and something like 10th street? Its owned by two Irish guys, the place is named after the chef (Michael Bao... before the restauraunt he was a contractor, I kid you not!). Its very affordable, impossible to get a table, and absolutely fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I think we'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Have you two tried the amazing Vietnamese restaurant on Ave C and something like 10th street? Its owned by two Irish guys, the place is named after the chef (Michael Bao... before the restaurant he was a contractor, I kid you not!). Its very affordable, impossible to get a table, and absolutely fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I think we'll have to check it out. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bao 111. I love his story, he was the architect/contractor for the restaurant. He cooked the owners some food one day and they fell in love with his style.. asked him to be the chef, he laughed and said WTF. The restaurant was sold to Chris and Chris (the Irish guys, I know one of them from when he was the manager at Canteen) because it was doing horribly. They ate there a few times and decided to keep Michael on as the chef, and renamed the restaurant after him. Since then its been a huge hit, Bao was listed as one of the best new chefs last year in NY Mag.

PS: Their saki infusions are AMAZING! Get the frogs legs, best I've ever had.

megantw
08-07-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Get the frogs legs, best I've ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frog legs as a starter or entree?

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Get the frogs legs, best I've ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frog legs as a starter or entree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Starter. I want the full trip report, including opinions of the menu.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We had some Orion beers (tasty).
We had pork buns (OMFG, SO DELICIOUS).
We both had Momofuku ramen (broth and veggies v. tasty. noodles and pork, so-so).

I thought the meal was good, but I give the edge to Republic. However, I will probably go back to this place for the pork buns alone, which are oh-so delicious.

After there, we went to Xunta for some sangria and meet some friends, then we went someplace and had some wine, then we all ended up at some chick's place where we had like 5 bottles of really nice wine. I have a devastating hangover today.

megantw
08-07-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I give the edge to Republic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never eaten at Republic. It's apparently time to give it a try.

We had the crawfish to start last night, and I immediately regretted getting them over the pork buns.

Luv2DriveTT
08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We had the crawfish to start last night, and I immediately regretted getting them over the pork buns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Republic in Union Square? If so its just noodle fast food, nothing to write home about really. But it is cheep, which is a plus.

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to go back to that place and make pork buns the main course for my dinner.

At Republic, everything is great (simple, well-done, tasty, nothing to blow your socks off) except for the Seaweed Salad which sucks bad. It sucks so bad that if you order it some of the waitstaff will ask you if you've had it before and recommend against it.

My favorites are the Salmon Sashimi Salad and the Grilled Pork Chops over rice. I recommend that for your first meal there.

Other things I've had there and liked - curried duck noodles, bbq pork noodles, spicy duck borth noodles, vegetable dumplings.

It's also quite a bit cheaper than Momofuku. Small plates are $4-6 and large plates are $7-9.