PDA

View Full Version : More bubble follies

AKQJ10
08-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I've mentioned that my bubble play has shown signs of being a major leak, but past attempts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3016564 ) at posting multiple hands haven't worked so well due to Pacific's lack of reasonable hand histories. So I'll try transcribing a few key hands one at a time.

Please comment on my play on all streets:

General context: Pacific $4+$0.50 20-seat sit-and-go (pays $40/24/16). I've been hitting some insane cards and i'm the chip leader six-handed.

Table image: I think by now opponents see me as a somewhat aggressive player who's shown a few monster hands, but who also is going to try to steal at times.

Hand #1

Stacks are (starting to my left):
T2834
T2362
T740
t2751
T2717
T4596 (me)

I'm in the big blind with K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ; blinds are T75/150

UTG calls; 1 fold; CO calls; button and SB fold; I check.

Flop (T525):

5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet 400. UTG calls.

Turn (T1325):

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked through.

River (T1325):

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check; Opp. bets T450; I fold.

My analysis: betting on the flop with overcards may have been a bit dumb, since by now I think everyone expects me to steal. But in the BB the flop may have hit me, so it was worth a shot -- probably too big a bet. I think check-folding the river is fine given the chances he's a call-with-any-ace type (no specific read). I lost some chips here, but mostly just missed the board entirely and got my semibluff with overcards called. If I'd turned a king or even an eight, I'd go for the kill.

Agree / disagree?