Seat 1: kg_ticket21 ( $640 )
Seat 2: drewr21 ( $2710 )
Seat 4: allinmocha ( $1155 )
Seat 7: golfinguy ( $1640 )
Seat 9: pippisan ( $900 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $720 )
Seat 8: cou12gars ( $235 )

Blinds(15/30)

There is no Small Blind in this hand as the Big Blind of the previous hand left the table.
** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Hero [ 8s 8h ]
Hero calls [30].
golfinguy calls [30].
cou12gars folds.
pippisan folds.
kg_ticket21 folds.
drewr21 calls [30].
allinmocha checks.

Ok, first problem already. Im not sure if the limp is a good idea here or not. 8s are marginal and with 7 people it is really a cutoff hand for me. Bad position, good shorthanded hand. The table doesnt raise too much preflop, and has this hilarious "minraising" tendency. Anyone raise here? Fold?

** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, 3h, 4h ]
allinmocha checks.
Hero checks.
golfinguy checks.
drewr21 checks.

Considered probe betting but felt either of the two players to follow could have the K easy enough and i hadnt invested much. Also, SB took a while before checking, which could mean nothing or could mean a trap.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 8d ]
allinmocha checks.
Hero bets [30].
golfinguy folds.
drewr21 calls [30].
allinmocha folds.

The checks showed weakness and i really didnt think i could do anything to get much money in. If someone was chasing a heart draw oh well,i wont pay well. Im mostly trying to help someone spring a trap. Im not sure about this bet either but wanted to get some value for the hand.

** Dealing River ** [ Qc ]
Hero bets [125].
drewr21 folds.
Hero does not show cards.
Hero wins 305 chips

I bet a little less than pot, wanted to look like an affordable steal. This whole hand i didnt feel like i was playing it the best way i could, any comments would be appreciated as usual.

AJ_Rider
08-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I would have bet something on the flop. You must protect against more overcards or a heart falling. If there is a call or a raise, you then make a new judgement call dependent upon the player. If there was a bet behind your check on the flop, it's much harder for you to figure out where you stand.

Once you hit your set, you want to make a flush draw pay more than the minimum. If you're playing well, you might bet with any number of things on the turn, especially after a checked round flop, so get some value out of your bet. Betting the minimum serves very little purpose, notice that you still only got 1 caller, so why not bet more?

TWINUNO
08-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I dont think i would have bet out on the flop since pretty much here in this position your playing it for set value, esp that there is an over card. If no one had anything you would have taken the pot down right there, but if somone hit top pair or possible an over pair on you your behind. Since you did hit your set on the turn i would bet the turn pretty heavy, i mean either your gonna get called or not gonna called by hand that is second best so you should bet it for value. By min betting your only allowing the caller to call with alot of things here, and your afraid of that flush draw.

ChipLeader
08-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I dont think im getting many callers betting into a 120 pot unless someone has something. 60 may have been alright i guess, 90 i may get a flush drawer goin. I think the 60 bet would have been best in hindsight, i was mostly trying to get someone to spring a trap or make a move, since i didnt think they had much based on the checks thus far.