PDA

View Full Version : AA in the SB early what to do....

arod15
08-06-2005, 06:33 PM
NO IM NOT WHINING YES I LOST
Question is how was it played and if i made a mistake on any street.

MTT 300 players
Hero is in the SB with AA
Hero has 980 in chips (began with 1K)
Blinds 15-30
Everyone folds to hero in SB with AA
BB has 1400 in chips
whats your move here raise or limp?
I raise it to 70
he calls
Flop 2 6 9r
he checks i bet 100
he minraises to 200
i reraise to 500, he calls
thoughts?
should i have pushed here?
Turn is a J no flush possible
I push for 410
thoughts?
again should i have pushed the turn?
He called and the river was a 6
Villian had 6-3 off My question is in a spot like this is it better to limp with aces? bring it for a raise? And i wanted to trap the villian on the turn, that is why I didnt push the turn, I wanted a call. Should I push there? I thought it was a good flop to get more out of him. I thought my line was good, would anyone play it different and why so?
Thanks in advance

betgo
08-06-2005, 07:13 PM
This is just a bad beat. You played it fine and got an excellent result. Villain had 5 outs and hit one of them on river.

Villain was playing pretty loose calling your preflop raise with 63o (although you did price him in) and calling your reraise on the flop with 2nd pair.

henrikrh
08-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Things are much more subjective than you make them out to be, there is no right play without a read. If he is tight you don't want him out of the hand so you might limp, he he is a loose cannon you might still limp hoping for a raise, or you might bet being pretty sure to call.

I would push after the minraise due to the size of your stack, you are committed either way, don't give him the turn cheaply.

Overall nicely played and just a bad beat. And my advice is just my opinion, better players on these boards probably disagree.