PDA

View Full Version : Question about latest downswing

stillbr
08-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Man 6-max is driving me crazy. I'm really hoping to start doing well in this game. I've played almost 20k hands of 3-6 Six max with a winrate of .5/100. Anyways I'm trying to figure out what is just varience, and what is sub-optimal play. For example

Over my last kk hands my went to showdown is only 29%. I know this is way too low. My vpip over this stretch has been ~21%, pfr 15.5%. Won $ at SD has been only 49%. Can varience be responsible for such a low % getting to showdown, or am I simply not playing optimal and do not realize it.

I keep waiting for a big upswing and it just isnt coming. I know about varience but i cannot tell if my results are from sub par play, or varience. If stats will help I will post them.

Before moving to six max i was a 3-6 full player, beating it for 2.5+ over a long sample. I was hoping to increase my $/hr by moving to 6max and playing more hands. This just isnt happening.

Thanks

donger
08-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I had a thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=3046169&For um=&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3046169&Sear ch=true&where=bodysub&Name=9956&daterange=1&newerv al=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st3046169) about this recently. It might be helpful.

LImitPlayer
08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
You could be running bad or it could be the that your not making the adjustments to the SH playing style.

I had the same problem the last time I took a stab at 5-10 6 max. THe results were so bad that I moved back down to 2-4 and 3-6

Now I'm back at the 5-10 6 max and logged just over 40K hands. My results are much better and I am much happier.
I made some serious adjustments to my play stlye.

Like you I went from full to SH and it took me a lot of hands to figure out where my problems were.

Now If I could find a way to make the game less swingy I would be much happier

me454555
08-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Where did you find the biggest changes you had to make were?

kahntrutahn
08-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Aggress early, Aggress often...

kahntrutahn
08-06-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over my last kk hands my went to showdown is only 29%. I know this is way too low. My vpip over this stretch has been ~21%, pfr 15.5%. Won $ at SD has been only 49%. Can varience be responsible for such a low % getting to showdown, or am I simply not playing optimal and do not realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

VP$IP and PFR are good for starting out... assuming decent postflop play you should be a winner.

I would expect your W$SD% to be higher as you are going to less showdowns... you need to see a few % more showdowns in general... I suspect you are being bluffed out of a few nice pots, or, you are not going far enough middle of the road stuff like MPTK (just some guesses here!).

It could also be variance... I'm beating the 5/10 for ~2bb/100 and I just got out of a flatline that lasted 18k hands where my W$SD% was 48-49% (WTSD ~31) because I was living in Theyaregoingtohittheirkickerontheriver2xasmuchasth eyshouldland!

stillbr
08-06-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VP$IP and PFR are good for starting out... assuming decent postflop play you should be a winner.

I would expect your W$SD% to be higher as you are going to less showdowns... you need to see a few % more showdowns in general... I suspect you are being bluffed out of a few nice pots, or, you are not going far enough middle of the road stuff like MPTK (just some guesses here!).

It could also be variance... I'm beating the 5/10 for ~2bb/100 and I just got out of a flatline that lasted 18k hands where my W$SD% was 48-49% (WTSD ~31) because I was living in Theyaregoingtohittheirkickerontheriver2xasmuchasth eyshouldland!

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me I'm trying to get to showdown. It just seems like I'm constently getting checkraised when my overcards dont hit. I dont even feel like I'm really getting drawn out that much. Just always cant make it to showdown

kahntrutahn
08-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Call those ChR on the flop....

C-Dog
08-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I am having the same problem. Like .8 BB/100 for my last 15K at 1/2 6max. I feel like every one is hitting the flop but me. Then if I do hit it, they 5 outer their 2 pair at a rate equivalent the "PP is rigged posts". I keep reading the forum and they keep saying to hang in there, and I believe it. I am cutting down on tables to try and pay better attention as well. They can't hit their draws forever I figure...

C-Dog

lefty rosen
08-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Because the party games are so loose you can go bad for a while. You just need better reads to see who plays brick cards and what players raises mean something. Once you have that down folding an over is easy on a brick board.......