PDA

View Full Version : How do you like the way I play this game?

ajv
08-06-2005, 04:16 PM
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (30 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 32 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 7d 9d (straight, jack high).
CO has 4c Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 32 BB. </font>

BTW, now I have played 1700 hands of micro limit games.
My
VP$IP is 19,
BB/100 is 4,
PF Raise 6%,
AF 0.87 (Flop included)

kleos
08-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Why did you stay in the hand so long only to fold 1 bet on the river? You fold 32:1 and you had a monster hand... giving way to much credit to your opponents, that is weak.

cgwahl
08-06-2005, 06:53 PM
MP1 played it great...at very least you should have called the river. And cap the flop.

KenProspero
08-06-2005, 10:07 PM
with 32 bb in the pot why were you 97% sure that you were beaten? I think you have to call with a heluva lot less than a straight.

In fact, I'm not sure why you weren't raising and capping all along with those cards.

What did you put your opponents on?

Cooker
08-06-2005, 10:14 PM
If you call 2 more on the turn why in the world do you fold the river. The flush draw only helps you if you really think someone has Q9 with no full house out, so I don't really think you are drawing for a flush.

Cap the flop. You are likely freerolling against the same straight since Q9 is a little frisky even for most fish. You have every other hand killed. The same straight won't continue to put in bets if you hit your flush, so put them in early and often.

The turn is scary, but you should still lead at it. I would call the 2 more since most players at this level would raise or even 3-bet trips and straights here.

Call on the end. The pot is huge. This is a really bad fold at this level.

AASooted
08-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I'd 3-bet the flop since you have three callers trapped between you and MP1, you have a flush draw, and you flopped the 2nd nut straight. Step on the gas. You really can't ask for a better flop.

Don't fold that river for one bet. Your hand only has to be good one out of 32 times to make money. There's no way you can be sure you're beaten ~97% of the time in this situation.

ajv
08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
yes, it was really weak. The problem was that I did not notice I had a straight. I thought I had nothing at river.

I hope this is not a systematic error I make. I was so excited about the flush draw that I did not notice the straight I had. I thought I was drawing to both straight and flush at flop. I need to calm down when I draw /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder if anybody else has similar kind of problems with excitement making one partially blind?

08-07-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, it was really weak. The problem was that I did not notice I had a straight. I thought I had nothing at river.

I hope this is not a systematic error I make. I was so excited about the flush draw that I did not notice the straight I had. I thought I was drawing to both straight and flush at flop. I need to calm down when I draw /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder if anybody else has similar kind of problems with excitement making one partially blind?

[/ QUOTE ]
that comment hurt my head.

AASooted
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to fall in love with hands when I'd flop a very good one (like a set). I didn't even see the flush and straight draws that were beating me until they were shown down. That cost me a lot of money in NL. You need to learn to read the board well, or you'll lose (or miss out on) a lot of money you don't have to lose.

AKQJ10
08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that comment hurt my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why can't the whole world just speak English natively to make it easier for me?

ajv, that's rough, man. You probably know what the answer is, but I'll say it anyway -- always look over your cards and their fit with the board carefully, especially taking care with straights.

If it makes you feel any better, people have mucked the winning hand at showdown (obviously I'm talking about live brick-and-mortar play) for similar reasons -- see Tough lesson learned re: mucking after showdown in a B&amp;M game (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3059509) for example -- so we all make such mistakes from time to time. The important thing is to learn from it.

Cooker
08-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Now I find this post unusual. If you misread your own hand, then obviously you played it terrible, so why would you ask for advice? Everyone makes these types of mistakes from time to time (I believe I have seen TJ Cloutier recently not realize he had made a straight on the end), but as you gain experience they should happen less and less often.

If I thought all I had on the flop was a flush draw, I wouldn't lead into a huge field. Not because it is not strong, but because I want to pump the pot with a possible check raise. With so many players in, you would definitely still want to cap the flop when it comes back to you even thinking you only have a flush draw.