PDA

View Full Version : Should I call raise PF after calling BB?

guppie
08-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I've searched for this question with no luck but it seems pretty basic and I assume I just didn't find it.

After calling the BB and getting raised one BB, do I fold if I wouldn't have called a raise the first time? Or, since the single BB is small compared to the money in play, should I call this one BB to see the flop?

Poker Academy indicates I should fold but I've never seen it discussed.

thirddan
08-06-2005, 04:51 PM
if you limp in limit holdem and then are raised you should damn near always call a raise, by that point your are probably getting enough pot odds to see the flop...however, if you limp and then it is raiseed and 3bet you should be folding a lot of hands...

one other time i can think of it being correct to fold after limping is if you complete from the small blind and then the BB raises, in some situations you can be getting worse odds on your call of the raise then you were on the original complete...

guppie
08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Thank you, that was my inclination but wasn't sure of myself.

A related question. I call BB, then the single BB raise. If it now goes to 3BB, should I call again for the increased pot odds or am I just wasting more money on a weak hand?

You may have already answered this in your previous comments but I'm reading you to say that if I call 1BB and it comes back to me 3BB, I should usually fold, which is what I almost always do.

Joe Tall
08-08-2005, 12:08 AM
You may have already answered this in your previous comments but I'm reading you to say that if I call 1BB and it comes back to me 3BB, I should usually fold, which is what I almost always do.

Call with all pocket pairs though.

lehighguy
08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Depends on the game, your cards, and how many poeple are in the pot.

Reef
08-08-2005, 01:30 AM
if you post the BB from late, it gets raised in early .. I typically call all hands I would defend the BB with- maybe just a liiiiiittle bit looser b/c I have position. If it's raised in middle, call even more liberally.

autobet
08-08-2005, 01:33 AM
It depends on your hand...