PDA

View Full Version : Poker is still gambling.

nate_king1
08-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I just read a post about some member having a 25% ROI at the 109s. Give me a f... break, do you really think you aren't luckboxing? I truly believe that somepoeple are just luckbox than others. Anybody can have luck for just a 1000s SNGs.

So please don't give me some made up number, that isn't even possible.

pearljam
08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
It's true some people run luckier the others for what seems like very long periods of time. But seeing other people worse then you succeed is no excuse to feel sorry for yourself, play long enough and stick with it and things will even out.

TomHimself
08-06-2005, 04:02 PM
http://csproxy.service.mirror-image.net/g.myspace.com/00033/08/52/33082580_s.jpg

jon462
08-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read a post about some member having a 25% ROI at the 109s. Give me a f... break, do you really think you aren't luckboxing? I truly believe that somepoeple are just luckbox than others. Anybody can have luck for just a 1000s SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you just suck. 25% roi at the 100s seems kinda low too me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

brimstone1
08-06-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure this thread doesn't even deserve a response, but I think that in itself is the reason why you haven't been improving your post quality. People don't find this sort of unecessary ranting worth their time.

There is absolutely no reason for this thread. It doesn't set grounds for any sort of debate, poker-related discussion, or even a laugh. ROI has been discussed countless times on the forums, and the FAQ clearly states this fact, even giving the reasonable stats achievable at certain levels.

I'm not a veteran even by a mile compared to the elite team of posters we have here on the forums, but even I can probably speak for the whole forum when I say please try to think before you post and reply.

Your nickname has attracted my attention because you seem to be posting in a lot of threads, usually with nothing to add or contribute of substance.

While I'm sure we all welcome the rush of new members we've had in the past ~1 month, with every posted thread like this one, I fear we'll loose the aforementioned elite team of posters who have helped so many people improve their game.

If you truly believe you are a poker player of great caliber, who can decide who can and cannot attain a ROI on a given level, I'm sure you will understand the "long term" implications of your post, and the likes.

Contribute by never posting such utterly useless "shouts", and talking more about actual play, strategy, etc.

Don't be fooled by the recent rise in number of posts about non-poker related things either; Those people contribute 100 times more than they talk about other things.

pearljam
08-06-2005, 04:34 PM
And yet im lucky to get more then 1 reply to any well thought out post asking for help on a specific hand wile this post already has 5 responces.

freemoney
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
its actually closer to 29% but people dont believe so i just say 25%, i have absolutely no doubt that 25% is doable at the 100s in the long run maybe not by me but def possible.

Uppercut
08-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Nate: You might want to fix the typo in your location. Then maybe you'll start playing better at the 11s.

tigerite
08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Well from my experience so far of the $33's I'd say they are very beatable.

Oh, I played ilya earlier in a $20 as well, and knocked him out. Oops. Sorry /images/graemlins/wink.gif I called his 5bb push from CO or so with junk, Q8o, when I was in BB with loads behind. I sucked out on his K4s.

nate_king1
08-06-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its actually closer to 29% but people dont believe so i just say 25%, i have absolutely no doubt that 25% is doable at the 100s in the long run maybe not by me but def possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its kind of hard to believe that you make more per tourney, than ZeeJustin at the 215s. I'm not saying ZeeJustin owns or anything, but he differently is a good player.

I just remember seeing a SNGs Stats thread that looked absolutely fake. 115% ROI at the 33s, etc. Yet he has a lot of posts and I do believe that when he responses people take his advice seriously..

I'm just sick of people saying stuff.."Going Pro" only after $3K in totaly poker profit!! WOWOWA

axeshigh
08-06-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm just sick of people saying stuff.."Going Pro" only after $3K in totaly poker profit!! WOWOWA

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick of everyone winning but you? Why don't you reevaluate your own game instead of whining so much?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying ZeeJustin owns or anything, but he differently is a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice freudian slip. Do you mean differently in opposition to yourself or to freemoney? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nate_king1
08-06-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick of everyone winning but you? Why don't you reevaluate your own game instead of whining so much?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying ZeeJustin owns or anything, but he differently is a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice freudian slip. Do you mean differently in opposition to yourself or to freemoney? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid or something? Going poker pro only after $3k in Profit isn't very responsible. You could of been on a massive luckbox, and what I'm getting at is that many people on this forum think their the next Doyle but don't realize that they might be on a serious long-term luckbox.

FreeMoney could possible do 29% ROI at the 109s over 1000s. He could have the worst luck in the world and still kill it, or he can drawout people left and right. I don't know and I don't care. All I'm asking is that people stop making flase statements that may be misleading.

freemoney
08-06-2005, 06:51 PM
lol i have no desire to play poker for the rest of my life nor have i ever claimed to be a poker pro.

axeshigh
08-06-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FreeMoney could possible do 29% ROI at the 109s over 1000s. He could have the worst luck in the world and still kill it, or he can drawout people left and right. I don't know and I don't care. All I'm asking is that people stop making flase statements that may be misleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post has nothing to do with freemoney. I was only flaming you. All I'm asking is that you stop whining and develop some reading comprehension, though that is probably wishful thinking.