PDA

View Full Version : Cashout Question: URGENT

nokona13
08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately, I'm moving and I need to cash out my account for at least a month or so. My question, how sketch is it to provide party poker with your bank account and routing numbers? I'd like to cash out, but since I'm moving I need the money soon, and I won't even be at the same address in 20 business days if I have them mail it. Anyone done the direct transfer bit? What method do you all recommend?

pokerlaw
08-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I have used it, it works fine (i think it was the e-checks or passport or something like that). I wouldn't worry about it.

brettthomas
08-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I use netteller as an intermediary. No problems. very professional.

liucipher
08-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I have done it without any problems, and leave my PP account linked to my bank account. I'm extremely vigilent though of my bank account.

If you don't feel comfortable with the idea of Party having your bank account, by all means fax them after the transfer and have them sever the link. Alternatively you can set a "maximum withdrawal" amount. I'd recommend this because some sketchy stuff has happened.

My friend had a situation where someone managed to crack the password on his account. The person withdrew $1000 from his account, took it to a $1000 NL table and then proceeded to just give it away to everyone there. PP never reimbusred my friend and claimed they could not tell who had legitimately won the money and who were the crooks getting fed money. I was somewhat aghast Party didn't take any action, but just a heads up.

John Hurst
08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I have it linked to my account. It's the nuts. Party doesn't want to steal the money in your checking account.

Nottom
08-06-2005, 04:00 PM
I use neteller, its quick and safe and makes it much easier to bounce money between different sites to bonus whore or play in a nice tourney or something.

Newt_Buggs
08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have it linked to my account. It's the nuts. Party doesn't want to steal the money in your checking account.

[/ QUOTE ]

brimstone1
08-06-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use neteller, its quick and safe and makes it much easier to bounce money between different sites to bonus whore or play in a nice tourney or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
Much more secure than Party too.
Harder usernames (long account number), secure ID, and a password to login.
Plus, they won't allow someone to login from a different country (I travel, and need to call them up and make them open my account to "international access").

lorinda
08-06-2005, 06:08 PM
That's one of the best avatars I've ever seen on 2+2.

Thanks for the giggle.

Lori