PDA

View Full Version : I hate stupid people.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 12:54 PM
A couple about three houses down have left their dog in the back garden whilst they go on holiday. Someone comes once a day to feed it and walk it. The rest of the time it sits outside barking and whining.

God, some people are so f'ing thoughtless.

slamdunkpro
08-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Call Animal Control.

djoyce003
08-06-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call Animal Control.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not illegal to leave a dog in your back yard provided it is being fed, which this one is.

I do think you can file a noise complaint against them if the dog is barking after a certain time at night....similar to a disturbing the peace type ticket for people having loud annoying parties.

[censored]
08-06-2005, 01:54 PM
you're over reacting

trying2learn
08-06-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're over reacting

[/ QUOTE ]

this is funny...

TStoneMBD
08-06-2005, 02:01 PM
i really dont think its wrong of them to leave their dog out there as long as they have someone caring for it. id rather have my dog alone in my garden then have him at some kennel.

Drunk Bob
08-06-2005, 02:06 PM
And it is cheaper too. If my dog can't come with me I ain't going. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drunk Bob
08-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Best avatar ever.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're over reacting

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise you were in my street witnessing this. Feel free to put me back on ignore.

PS. I agree with tryingtolearn that your post was deliciously ironic.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i really dont think its wrong of them to leave their dog out there as long as they have someone caring for it. id rather have my dog alone in my garden then have him at some kennel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like it if your next door neighbours went away for 2 weeks and left a stereo on full blast in the back garden?

TStoneMBD
08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
well they probably didnt anticipate that the dog would be barking that loud. do you know what its like to own a dog? do you have any idea? when they come back why dont you tell the owners that they should consider letting the dog know that he is just a tad on the noisy side?

i am all for yelling at people who are inconsiderate, but what are these guys supposed to do? call the police on them for disturbing the peace and if they get ticketed they might think better next time and have him kenneled. until then they might not realize how loud the dog is and might not see it as a problem. if they ignore the disturbing the peace notice and do this again then they are just plain inconsiderate.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well they probably didnt anticipate that the dog would be barking that loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come off it. In my experience, dogs that are left alone bark and make lots of noise.

[ QUOTE ]
do you know what its like to own a dog? do you have any idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
i am all for yelling at people who are inconsiderate, but what are these guys supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, you gave the answer in your post. Kennels. Or send it to a friend's house. Or don't get a pet if you are gonna leave it alone for 2 weeks disrupting the peace.

[censored]
08-06-2005, 02:27 PM
it would be too much to take the mature route and simply politely let them know about the barking when they return. that much is clear

Yeti
08-06-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it would be too much to take the mature route and simply politely let them know about the barking when they return. that much is clear

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say that I wouldn't do that? All I have done is moan on this thread, no other action.

The mature route would have been for them to anticipate that the dog might bark all day and make other arrangements.

[censored]
08-06-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say that I wouldn't do that? All I have done is moan on this thread, no other action.

The mature route would have been for them to anticipate that the dog might bark all day and make other arrangements.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right you didn't.

I still think assuming they are stupid or whatever is overreacting.

Sponger15SB
08-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeti, you should have read this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3031865&Fo rum=f20&Words=baby&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3031 865&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10714&daterange =1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post3031865) before posting this.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Fair enough, they are merely thoughtless. I went for a hyperbolic thread subject because that's what messageboards are all about, right?

razor
08-06-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still think assuming they are stupid or whatever is overreacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. They ought to expect and prepare for the worst.. they didn't... they are stupid.

Yeti
08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeti, you should have read this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3031865&Fo rum=f20&Words=baby&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3031 865&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10714&daterange =1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post3031865) before posting this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read that. Nice thread, though quite a different situation.

Sponger15SB
08-06-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read that. Nice thread, though quite a different situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I'm just saying you should have expected similar responses that you would have been unhappy with.

Then again, you are much more mature than I am...

Yeti
08-06-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then again, you are much more mature than I am...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not! Now stfu before I get my dad on you.

fluorescenthippo
08-06-2005, 05:48 PM
I also hate stupid people. but someone has to give me their money in poker. in summary, i kinda like stupid people. they pay the bills