PDA

View Full Version : too much or not enough

kenberman
08-06-2005, 12:48 PM
5/10 at Crypto

LAP UTG limps I raise UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. bad player to my left cold calls, limper calls.

----- FLOP ----- [5c 8d 7d]

UTG bets, I call (?), bad player calls

----- TURN ----- [5c 8d 7d][Ah]

UTG Bets, I raise, bad player cold calls, UTG 3 bets, I call (?), bad player finally folds

----- RIVER ----- [5c 8d 7d Ah][Qs]

UTG Bets, I call

too much calling? not enough raising?

kenberman
08-06-2005, 10:52 PM
bump?

TheMetetron
08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Raise the flop and the hand changes.

Haupt_234
08-07-2005, 01:22 AM
I would raise the flop as well. The board is heavy with draws and you don't want the bad player to hook any backdoor draw. I would raise and hope for the player on your left to fold, leaving you and the UTG limper.

In the case that you get it HU on the turn and aren't 3-bet on the flop, I obviously bet the turn/river with the ace hitting. In the case that the ace doesn't come but rather a blank, I am betting the turn and taking a free showdown.

I am interested in more responses on this post because I think a great shady area is what to do when certain cards hit on the turn other than an A or K, like a 6, 4, 9, or diamond. I would be folding if bet into without thinking twice. If checked to, bet the turn and fold to a checkraise? Check and hope for an A/K that is hopefully good?

Haupt_234