PDA

View Full Version : Good PLO book?

sdplayerb
03-17-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm looking for recommendations on good PLO books.
Any help would be appreciated.

I know Cloutier and Ciaffione both have Omaha with sections on PLO..but looking for more than 15 pages or so, if possible.

Thanks

SD

happyjaypee
03-17-2003, 04:08 AM
Hi SD,

I suggest you get Ciaffone's "Omaha hold'em Poker" or Ciaffone's & Ruben's "No-Limit and Pot-Limit Poker"

Both have a PL Omaha Hi section. My preference is the one with Ruben thought.

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Guy McSucker
03-17-2003, 07:30 AM
Definitely go for the two books happyjaypee recommends. Reuben's section on Omaha in the Ciaffone & Reuben book is really good, although it takes a while to work out what he's telling you.

He also has a section on Omaha in his book "Starting out in poker" which is worth reading.

Guy.

RiverOtter
03-17-2003, 10:44 PM
definitely those two books. I really liked the book with reuben as it covers hold em as well. ( also other games that are not played in the U.S. much, but those chapters help in understanding how to play pot limit poker in general).

Acesover8s
03-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Get the Ciaffone/Reubens book: "Pot-Limit and No Limit Poker", great info for holdem and omaha as well as unheard of games like London Lowball, PL stud, etc. All in all, the most important poker book I've read since THFAP.

Take care,

sdplayerb
03-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Thanks y'all.
I guess I should have mentioned I already have the ciaffione/reuben PL/NL book.
They say in it that it is very advanced and should buy his Omaha book.

Well, i guess i have his main book now.

Has anybody read his just omaha book?

Thanks for the input.

Acesover8s
03-18-2003, 03:13 AM
Yeah, its tiny, barely 100 pages. Ciaffone is my favorite poker author, but I was disappointed with my purchase at the time, thinking it gave no new information, but as I've learned the game I've discovered that it does have a lot of subtle info. The potlimit Hilo split chapter however I feel ruined one of the most profitable games around. Worth it for the money, but not worth its weight in gold like Ciaffone's other books.