PDA

View Full Version : Gothch-Ya

12-01-2001, 08:49 PM
To all on this planet:

Gotch-Ya!!!

I bad beat the illustrious Suberban Poker Man today, and I felt no shame or regrets in stacking the chips. SPM raises under the gun with A 8 offsuit (Is this Border Town play or was he acting as mayor of Any2Card Town?). I of course three bet with KQ of diamonds, because I read on this forum that diamonds are the easiest flush to make. We are heads up. The flop comes A, 9, 2.

SPM checks so I am required to bet. Right? He calls. The turn is a jack and he checks. SPM shows no strength there, so I bet and he calls. The river is a ten. He check calls my bet and is stunned at the results. SPM left in a funk shortly thereafter making some under his breath remark about this being the gut shot table. In fact it was the gutter-gutter table.

SPM you are still my personal hero, but I cannot wait for our next tete de tete.

Frank Donnelly

12-01-2001, 09:02 PM
please dont pick on our spm. he did make a bad play by opening with ace eight. but you played terrible trying to run him out. so in effect he outplayed you and you out caught him. even steven.

you are correct in that diamonds is an easier flush to make. but i bet you didnt know that nine high straights with the eight of clubs win more than other nine high straights.:)

12-01-2001, 09:56 PM
giving away the secrets most pros learn only after years and years of miserable bad beats,,,shame on you...lol..gl

12-01-2001, 10:06 PM
Last Sunday I seem to recall you taking an A8o and putting a particularily terrible bad beat on somebody with AK /images/smile.gif

Bad beat against A8o and bad beat with it. Now that's a well rounded player!

12-02-2001, 06:38 AM
Man we learn something new everyday on this forum, from now on I will play all suited diamond hands :-)....Thanks Ray!

12-02-2001, 12:04 PM
A 8 off suit, Frank when are you going to give up that off suit stuff. It was double suited, I had two chances for a flush. You just got lucky, timing is everything. You will pay for this Gothch-Ya.

SPM,...able to bend cards with his bare hands...