PDA

View Full Version : Reckless or just a tough beat?

Toddy
08-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Am up about 4k on the week so I decided to play a $3-$6 NLHE ring game. Brought $300 to the table. Very first hand I'm in the BB w/ QdKd. 2 callers then LP raised to $20. Figured I'd gamble so I called. Other 2 fold. Flop Qc4d5d. Great flop for me. Guy bets $50. I call. Turn 9d. Okay i hit my K high flush. He bets out 100. I put the rest of my stack all in. He instacalls. I was just hoping the river wouldn't come a diamond in case he had the ACE, and i didn't want it to pair up for the FH. It didn't! It was the Js. He flipped over AdJd for the nuts. Anything I could have done differently?

lastchance
08-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Well, this is 1TT. NLHE forrums are over to your left....

But, come on... You know you can't possibly fold a king-high flush to an ace-high flush.

However, I would have preferred raising flop with a monster TP2K + second nut flush draw, and checking behind on most turns too.

And I'd strongly consider folding preflop as well.

Toddy
08-06-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is 1TT. NLHE forrums are over to your left....

But, come on... You know you can't possibly fold a king-high flush to an ace-high flush.

However, I would have preferred raising flop with a monster TP2K + second nut flush draw, and checking behind on most turns too.

And I'd strongly consider folding preflop as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the most conservative players you'd ever meet (won a $100 SNG yesterday seeing 6/96 flops 6%).. Normally I would have had no problem folding this but for some reason I just wanted to play it. I'm not one that usually gets caught up in the whole high suited cards. If I feel I'm way behind ill toss them.

midget23
08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I think you have to raise that flop, you have a good hand now get the money in while you are ahead.