PDA

View Full Version : The new Idiot Syndrome - I admit it - I need help

whynot?
08-06-2005, 10:44 AM
OK - so like alot of you i've seen a general and significant degradation of good poker on pp - espescially the 30's which i play. My problem I keep getting nailed by either the continual bad beats or my assumption, as poor as it may be, that the range of hands guys are pushing with is broad and get caught with jacks versus aces, etc. So, my question - if you believe the level of play has deteriorated, have you adjusted your play? i've found my self being tighter even later cus the calling standards are not as tight (obviously player dependent). Also find im slowplaying more as you can ususally get the proverbial idiot to bluff when you have the nuts. What ive seen though is alot of pushing with crap (low pocket with three overcards, ak when the board has q high, etc) i call and am ahead and then get nailed. I know the message - play smart play aggressive when appropriate and it will turn, just want to hear it - anyone else witnessing this and what have you done

45suited
08-06-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also find im slowplaying more as you can ususally get the proverbial idiot to bluff when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running into monsters can't be avoided. But perhaps some of your "bad beats" are because you're slowplaying too much.

I mean, how often in an SNG are you fortunate enough to have the nuts? Not all that often.

I know that it doesn't make people feel like geniuses when they do this, but how about betting your good hands for value? My guess is that you're in love with slowplaying when it's not appropriate and letting people catch up too often.

Mr_J
08-06-2005, 11:03 AM
"so like alot of you i've seen a general and significant degradation of good poker on pp - espescially the 30's"

What are you talking about? The play has always been poor. Are you complaining about the bad beats? Then yes, if you are profitable things will turn around.

whynot?
08-06-2005, 11:43 AM
agree play has been poor - but i really see a significant difference recently in the poor play - am i alone?

HighestCard
08-06-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but i really see a significant difference recently in the poor play - am i alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely not alone...

Maybe all the varience hit the 2+2ers at once /images/graemlins/confused.gif